Where can I get help with LaTeX questions?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter AxiomOfChoice
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary: Perhaps someone else knows where it is?In summary, there are multiple resources available for discussing LaTeX questions, including forums on Physics Forums and Math and Science Software, as well as the *TeX Stack Exchange site. It is important to do your own research and formulate your questions clearly in order to receive helpful responses.
AxiomOfChoice
Is there a sort of forum or message board for discussing LaTeX questions? I can't find one for the life of me. Is there somewhere on Physics Forums that I can post questions?

Physics news on Phys.org
go here...
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=386951

if you don't get your question cleared here then..
ask in feedback section.

Last edited by a moderator:
AxiomOfChoice said:
Is there a sort of forum or message board for discussing LaTeX questions? I can't find one for the life of me. Is there somewhere on Physics Forums that I can post questions?
If you're looking for just an introduction to how to write basic math in LaTeX, there are many resources available but the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=386951 is probably the most convenient if you're already on PF. If you want to ask a basic question like, say, how to create a parenthesized matrix, I'd advise you to look at your favorite reference because it's probably in there :wink: but if that doesn't help you, then I suppose you could ask a question like that in the PF subforum that jtbell mentioned. But if it's a more subtle, advanced question, the *TeX Stack Exchange site (tex.stackexchange.com) is probably the best place to go of the three mentioned so far. There are quite a few real TeX/LaTeX experts there who can answer even pretty arcane questions, but they will expect you to have done your homework before asking (i.e. check your resources, search the web, and really put some thought into formulating your question well).

There are many other websites and mailing lists that give LaTeX help and/or tips. I believe that at some point a list of them had been posted on the Stack Exchange site, but I can't find it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Where can I get help with LaTeX questions?

1. What is LaTeX and why might I need help with it?

LaTeX is a document preparation system commonly used in scientific and technical fields. It allows for precise formatting and typesetting of documents, making it popular for writing research papers, reports, and other documents. Due to its complex syntax and functions, many people seek help with using LaTeX for their projects.

2. Where can I find help for beginners with LaTeX?

There are many online resources available for beginners to learn LaTeX, such as tutorials, forums, and documentation. Some popular resources include Overleaf, ShareLaTeX, and the official LaTeX website. You can also find helpful tips and tutorials on YouTube and other educational websites.

3. Are there any communities or forums specifically for LaTeX help?

Yes, there are several online communities and forums where you can ask questions and get help with LaTeX. Some popular ones include TeX Stack Exchange, LaTeX Community, and Reddit's r/LaTeX subreddit. These communities are made up of experienced LaTeX users who are willing to help and share their knowledge with others.

4. Can I hire someone for one-on-one help with a LaTeX project?

Yes, there are freelance services and websites where you can hire LaTeX experts for one-on-one help with your project. You can also reach out to your university or academic institution for tutoring services or visit a local coding or tech meetup group for in-person assistance.

5. Is there a limit to the type of documents I can create with LaTeX?

No, there is no limit to the types of documents you can create with LaTeX. It is commonly used for scientific and technical documents, but you can also use it for resumes, presentations, and even books. It is a versatile tool with a wide range of formatting and customization options.