Where can I get Casimir plates?

In summary, Casimir plates can be purchased from various scientific supply companies or online marketplaces. They are readily available, but it's important to check availability and pricing from different sources. It is not recommended to make them at home and the cost can range from $50 to $200. Casimir plates are commonly used in scientific experiments and developing technologies such as NEMS and quantum computing.
Martin Sallberg
Where can I find actual Casimir plates? To buy or hire for experiments, I mean. If so, what do they cost?

Physics news on Phys.org
Probably need to be custom made.

Related to Where can I get Casimir plates?

1. Where can I purchase Casimir plates?

Casimir plates can be purchased from various scientific supply companies, such as Sigma-Aldrich or Fisher Scientific. They can also be found on online marketplaces like Amazon or eBay.

2. Are Casimir plates readily available for purchase?

While Casimir plates are not as common as other scientific equipment, they can still be easily obtained from several suppliers. However, it is important to check availability and pricing from different sources before making a purchase.

3. Can I make my own Casimir plates?

Casimir plates require precise measurements and specific materials to function properly, so it is not recommended to make them at home. It is best to purchase them from a reputable supplier.

4. How much do Casimir plates cost?

The cost of Casimir plates can vary depending on the size, materials used, and supplier. On average, a set of Casimir plates can range from $50 to $200.

5. What are some common uses for Casimir plates?

Casimir plates are often used in scientific experiments to study the Casimir effect, which is a phenomenon where two uncharged, parallel plates are attracted to each other due to quantum fluctuations in the vacuum. They are also used in developing technologies such as nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) and quantum computing.