Where can I find translated versions of the original General Relativity papers?

In summary, the original (but translated) General Relativity papers can be found in the book "The Principle of Relativity" published by Dover, or in Albert Einstein's own popular translation "Relativity: The Special and General Theory" found on Bartleby.com. Both are available for purchase online. Additionally, the translated papers can be found for free on the website archive.org.
Denton
Where can I find the original (but translated) General Relativity papers? I've been searching the net everywhere, and to my surprise I really couldn't find it. You'd think it would be everywhere..

Physics news on Phys.org
Denton said:
Where can I find the original (but translated) General Relativity papers? I've been searching the net everywhere, and to my surprise I really couldn't find it. You'd think it would be everywhere..

The Principle of Relativity, published by Dover, is a collection of English translations of original papers on special and general relativity.

I found this "Relativity: The Special and General Theory, Einstein’s own popular translation of the physics that shaped our “truths” of space and time." published on the web by Bartleby.com

http://www.bartleby.com/173/

George Jones said:
The Principle of Relativity, published by Dover, is a collection of English translations of original papers on special and general relativity.

Anywhere online that doesn't cost money? I mean this things been out for what, 70 years?

I think I found what you want: http://www.Alberteinstein.info/gallery/netscape_gallery.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ich said:
I think I found what you want: http://www.Alberteinstein.info/gallery/netscape_gallery.html"

Oh that's nice <3

Just got to learn german now lol

Edit: no need its translated! <3 <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Where can I find translated versions of the original General Relativity papers?

1. What is General Relativity?

General Relativity is a theory developed by Albert Einstein in 1915 that describes the force of gravity as a curvature of space and time caused by the presence of mass and energy.

2. What is the significance of General Relativity papers?

The General Relativity papers are significant because they provide the foundation for our current understanding of gravity and the structure of the universe. They also revolutionized our understanding of space and time and have been confirmed by numerous experiments.

3. What are some key concepts in General Relativity?

Some key concepts in General Relativity include the equivalence principle, which states that gravity and acceleration are indistinguishable, and the geodesic equation, which describes the path of a particle in curved space-time.

4. How has General Relativity been tested and confirmed?

General Relativity has been tested and confirmed through various experiments, such as the bending of light near massive objects, the precession of Mercury's orbit, and the gravitational redshift of light. It has also been confirmed through the successful predictions of phenomena such as gravitational waves.

5. How is General Relativity relevant to modern science?

General Relativity is relevant to modern science because it provides the framework for understanding the behavior of large-scale objects and the structure of the universe. It also plays a crucial role in fields such as cosmology, astrophysics, and GPS technology.