Where Can I Find Good Resources for Learning C++ and Game Programming?

In summary, C++ is a high-level, general-purpose programming language that is widely used for developing software applications, operating systems, and video games. Learning C++ can open up many job opportunities in the tech industry and provides a strong foundation for learning other programming languages. While it may be challenging for beginners, with dedication and practice, it can be mastered. C++ offers benefits such as low-level hardware control and a large standard library, making it efficient and versatile. There are various resources available online for learning C++, and while it can be used for web development with certain frameworks and libraries, it is not commonly used for this purpose.
Dinheirow
Hey, guys,
I would like to learn about programming in C++. Could you point out good pdf textbook or material about this? What about game programming, where should I really start? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
There are TONS of threads on this forum about learning to program, what language to use, etc. I suggest a forum search. A great place to start is with the threads listed at the bottom of this page

Related to Where Can I Find Good Resources for Learning C++ and Game Programming?

1. What is C++ and why should I learn it?

C++ is a high-level, general-purpose programming language that was developed in the 1980s. It is widely used for developing software applications, operating systems, and video games. Learning C++ can open up many job opportunities in the tech industry and it also provides a strong foundation for learning other programming languages.

2. Is it difficult to learn C++?

Learning any programming language requires dedication and practice. C++ can be challenging for beginners due to its complex syntax and concepts, but with proper resources and guidance, it can be mastered. It is recommended to have a basic understanding of programming concepts before starting to learn C++.

3. What are the benefits of learning C++ over other programming languages?

C++ is a powerful language that allows for low-level control of the hardware, making it efficient for developing applications that require high performance. It also has a large standard library and a strong community support, making it a versatile language for various applications.

4. What resources can I use to learn C++?

There are many resources available online for learning C++, such as tutorials, videos, and online courses. It is recommended to start with a comprehensive book or online course to understand the fundamentals and then practice with coding challenges and projects.

5. Can I use C++ for web development?

C++ is not commonly used for web development as it does not have built-in features for website development. However, it can be used with frameworks and libraries such as CGI or Wt to create web applications. Other languages like HTML, CSS, and JavaScript are more commonly used for web development.