Where Can Engineering Enthusiasts Find Quality Electronic Components?

In summary, the conversation discusses various sources for electronic components, including digikey.com and mouser.com. The speaker mentions their experience ordering through the federal supply system in the military and now as an engineering student. They also recommend using findchips.com to search for parts across multiple distributors.
EbolaPox
I am wondering if anyone has a good source for electonic components (resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, switches, etc.). I was an electronic's technician in the military and we order all of our equipment through the federal supply system. Anyway's now I'm just an engineering student/enthusiast and I have some "ideas" I want to try out but no real source of supply. Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
www.digikey.com

www.mouser.com[/URL]

They used to supply mainly to hobbyists and low volume manufacturers, but now they're very big time, and still friendly. They take VISA over the phone or via web ordering. I think the minimum order is $25 or $50, but I'm not sure. We even use these guys at my work -- lots of next-day rush orders to help us in prototype builds, etc.

BTW, another great trick is to use [url]www.findchips.com[/url] to search multiple distributors for parts. findchips.com searches Digikey, Mouser and a bunch of other disti's for you, so with one search you can see where parts are available and often the pricing.

[url]www.findchips.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there,

I am an electrical component supplier and I would be happy to assist you in finding the right components for your projects. We have a wide range of electronic components including resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, switches, and more.

Our company has been in the industry for many years and we have a strong reputation for providing high-quality components at competitive prices. We work with various industries, including military and engineering, and have the expertise to help you find the right components for your specific needs.

We have a user-friendly website where you can easily browse and purchase components, or you can contact us directly for personalized assistance. We also offer bulk discounts for larger orders and have a fast shipping process to ensure you receive your components in a timely manner.

Thank you for considering us as your source for electronic components. We look forward to working with you and helping you bring your ideas to life.

, Electrical Component Supplier

Related to Where Can Engineering Enthusiasts Find Quality Electronic Components?

1. What is an electrical component supplier?

An electrical component supplier is a company or organization that specializes in providing various types of electrical components to customers. These components can range from simple electronic parts, such as resistors and capacitors, to more complex components like integrated circuits and sensors. Suppliers typically work with manufacturers, distributors, and end-users to provide the necessary components for electronic devices and systems.

2. What types of electrical components do suppliers offer?

Electrical component suppliers offer a wide range of components, including passive components, such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors, as well as active components, such as transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits. They may also offer specialized components like sensors, connectors, and switches, and can provide customized solutions based on customer needs.

3. How do I choose the right electrical component supplier for my project?

Choosing the right electrical component supplier for your project depends on several factors. It is important to consider the supplier's reputation, quality of components, pricing, and delivery options. You may also want to consider their experience and expertise in your specific industry and the type of components you require. It is recommended to research and compare multiple suppliers before making a decision.

4. Can I purchase components directly from manufacturers instead of using a supplier?

Some manufacturers do sell their components directly to customers, but it may not be the most efficient option. Suppliers often have a wider range of components and can provide better pricing due to their relationships with manufacturers. They also offer convenience by providing a one-stop-shop for all your component needs and may offer additional services like technical support and customized solutions.

5. What are the benefits of using an electrical component supplier?

There are several benefits to using an electrical component supplier. These include access to a wide range of components, competitive pricing, convenience, and expertise. Suppliers also ensure the quality and reliability of their components, which is crucial for electronic devices and systems. They can also provide technical support and assistance with component selection and customization, which can save time and resources for customers.