Where are my posts? Are they gone cause of the new design?

• Thread starter gcombina
  • Start date
In summary, the problem is that forum software ignores posts that were made after 2013. Gcombina is looking for posts that he posted in the "Introductory Physics Homework" forum. However, they are not there.
gcombina
Not a physics problem but I already emailed staff members and they are not responding and I need to study.

Please let me know where are my previous posts and I will immediately delete this thread.

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!

they supposed to be in my profile, there are a bunch of them and it would be very hard to locate them if they are not in my profile under "content"

Gcombina, is it posible you're talking about blog posts and not forum posts?

nope, i am talking about "posts" basically are all my questions and exercises that I posted over the last 12 months. I use them as reference for my homework.

If you go to MY PF and then go to CONTENT, they should be there but they are NOT

Okay. Standby and we'll try to get this sorted out.

thank you, I really appreciate it.

Just to clarify, see below

Go to

MY PF then go to

CONTENT and they are not in there.

gcombina said:
nope, i am talking about "posts" basically are all my questions and exercises that I posted over the last 12 months. I use them as reference for my homework.

Where did you post these at? Were they in one of the homework forums?

yes, they were ALL in the Homework forums for beginning physics

"Introductory Physics Homework" to be exact

gcombina said:
yes, they were ALL in the Homework forums for beginning physics

Okay. I'm looking into it.

thnks

Okay, I just saw Borek's post. It looks like it's a bug from the forum move. I'd expect it to be fixed in the near future but I can't give you a timeframe.

@gcombina - I already wrote several posts earlier that at the moment forum software is broken and ignores parts of the database during searches. We are perfectly aware of the problem. Just stay calm and wait.

I never saw any post

Post #4 at the top of this thread.

@Borkek
"For some reason at the moment forum software ignores things that were posted after mid-2013."

You mean that? it is so vague and does not say much such a time frame or anything and it contradicts the messages that I have been receiving in my inbox.

Stay calm yourself because I am only answering to questions I am being asked. Don't get nervous yourself.

"I will rebuild the search cache shortly to see if that helps?"
"are these posts or blogs? etc"

I am just responding to questions, how am I going to know who is right? and who to follow? that's what I mean or should I ignore the questions?

either way Ill just wait for the problem to get fixed.

I meant search function ignores them, but they are still in the database. I gave you a link to one of your threads to show they are still present, just difficult to locate. I am vague because what we know is vague at the moment.

No idea what you have in your inbox so it is hard to comment. I also can't give you any timeframe as we don't know the reason yet.

ok thanks!

gcombina said:
"I will rebuild the search cache shortly to see if that helps?"

Cache was rebuilt, it didn't help.

There is no contradiction between what you were told by Greg and me.

what exactly you want? seems that you just want to argue

stay calm, nobody is putting pressure on you, i am just responding to questions being asked. Nobody says anything about contradicting yourself.

drop it

Just wait a few days and see if the problem is resolved. If not, feel free to check back with us for an update.

I rebuilt the search cache last night. For some reason it's not collecting your posts.

ok thank you all and sorry for the misunderstanding.

I wish I could delete this thread as it is not longer needed

I really appreciate it, you guys are the best!

Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to Where are my posts? Are they gone cause of the new design?

1. Where can I find my posts on the new design?

Your posts can be found by clicking on your profile icon or username in the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to your profile page where you can view all of your posts.

2. Did my posts get deleted because of the new design?

No, your posts are still on the platform. They may just be in a different location due to the new design. Refer to the answer to the first question for instructions on how to find your posts.

3. Can I still access my old posts from the previous design?

Yes, you can still access your old posts by clicking on the "Archive" tab on your profile page. This will show all of your previous posts from the previous design.

4. Why are my posts not showing up on my feed anymore?

The new design may have changed the algorithm for your feed, so it may take some time for your posts to show up. Make sure you are following the accounts you want to see posts from and engage with their content to increase the likelihood of their posts appearing on your feed.

5. Can I customize the way my posts are displayed on the new design?

Unfortunately, there is no option to customize the way your posts are displayed on the new design. However, you can still edit the captions and tags on your posts by clicking on them and selecting "Edit" from the options.