What's the Best Physics Textbook for a Gap Year Review?

In summary, the speaker is looking for a textbook or course with A Level and higher level physics questions to work through during their gap year before starting a physics program at Exeter. They have been suggested to try Goldstein or Marion Classical Physics, which cover topics such as Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Dynamics and Calculus of Variations.
Josh Parkin
Hi, I've just finished A Level Physics, and after a gap year I'm headed to do Physics at Exeter. I'm looking for a textbook or online course or something that has lots of A Level and (maybe slightly higher) Physics questions that I can work through over the course of this year.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
You could tackle something like Goldstein or Marion Classical Physics. Its more junior/senior college and maybe higher. I know some of my classmates enjoyed solving the problems and learning Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Dynamics and Calculus of Variations.

Thanks! I'll have a look

Related to What's the Best Physics Textbook for a Gap Year Review?

What is a gap year physics textbook?

A gap year physics textbook is a textbook specifically designed for students who are taking a gap year before entering college. It covers fundamental physics concepts and theories that are typically taught in the first year of college physics courses.

Who should use a gap year physics textbook?

Gap year physics textbooks are designed for high school graduates who are taking a gap year and want to continue their physics education during this time. It can also be useful for students who are planning to major in physics in college and want to get a head start.

What topics are typically covered in a gap year physics textbook?

A gap year physics textbook usually covers topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, and modern physics. Some textbooks may also include additional topics such as astrophysics and quantum mechanics.

How is a gap year physics textbook different from a regular college physics textbook?

A gap year physics textbook is designed for self-study and is typically more condensed and simplified compared to a regular college physics textbook. It also may not cover as many advanced topics as a college textbook, as it is meant to provide a foundation for further study in college.

Are there any resources that accompany a gap year physics textbook?

Yes, some gap year physics textbooks may come with online resources such as practice problems, video lectures, and interactive simulations. These resources can be helpful for self-study and further understanding of the concepts covered in the textbook.