What's the best physics branch to start with

In summary, the best physics branch to start with is mechanics. This branch deals with the motion of objects and the forces that cause them to move, making it a fundamental aspect of physics. It also provides a solid foundation for understanding more complex branches such as thermodynamics and electromagnetism. Additionally, mechanics is applicable to everyday life, making it easier to grasp and maintain interest in. Overall, mechanics is a great starting point for anyone interested in physics and sets the groundwork for further exploration in the subject.
Peter25samaha
I want to study all physics branches but i want to start with a branch that could help me with all other branches and in the same time the easiest . These are the branches:
-optical physics
-electromagnetism
-condensed matter physics
-high energy physics
-nuclear physics
-thermodynamics
-Astrophysics
-Relativity
-Classical mechanics
-Partical Physics
-Quantum Mechanics
-Theorical Physics

Physics news on Phys.org
Without question, Mechanics. I believe most intro physics first courses start in that area anyway (vectors, motion equations, statics, dynamics, energy and work concepts, etc. ). The other branches you mentioned are much more advanced.

Likes Peter25samaha
PhanthomJay said:
Without question, Mechanics. I believe most intro physics first courses start in that area anyway (vectors, motion equations, statics, dynamics, energy and work concepts, etc. ). The other branches you mentioned are much more
advanced.

Yeh i thinked luke that but which one do you mean classical mecanics ? Or quantum mechanics ?

Oh gosh classical mechanics! Quantum mechanics is extremely difficult. You'd be lost before finishing page 1.

Likes Peter25samaha
I studied physics in french language but i want to get my degree in usa so i like to get grade 9-10-11-12 physics and math curriculum in usa . Any books that can i buy for each grade ?? Name of books please

For physics, I think Halliday and Resnick , "Fundamentals of Physics" is good, it covers many of the topics you listed including classical mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves, optics, relativity. In US, high school Physics are often grade 11 and 12 courses.

Likes Peter25samaha
This was incorrectly started in "Member introductions ONLY - NO QUESTIONS", so I have moved it.

Evo said:
This was incorrectly started in "Member introductions ONLY - NO QUESTIONS", so I have moved it.
Sorry i didnt know well the rules what should i know now

Related to What's the best physics branch to start with

1. What is the difference between classical mechanics and quantum mechanics?

Classical mechanics is the study of motion and forces on macroscopic objects, while quantum mechanics is the study of the behavior of particles on a microscopic level.

2. What is the most practical branch of physics to learn?

The most practical branch of physics to learn depends on your specific interests and career goals. Some popular and useful branches include electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and optics.

3. Is it necessary to have a strong math background to understand physics?

Yes, a strong understanding of mathematics is essential in order to fully grasp the concepts and equations in physics. However, with dedication and practice, anyone can improve their math skills and excel in physics.

4. What is the best way to start learning physics?

The best way to start learning physics is by gaining a strong foundation in basic concepts and principles before moving on to more advanced topics. This can be achieved through textbooks, online resources, or taking a course at a university.

5. Which branch of physics is the most challenging?

The level of difficulty in physics branches can vary depending on an individual's strengths and interests. However, some of the more challenging branches include quantum mechanics, relativity, and particle physics.