What's so special about higher dimensions?

In summary, people are researching higher dimensions and finding that they have only 3 Platonic solids in them. They are also looking for rules for axis rotations for objects in higher dimensions. They are also considering theories for things "beyond beyond" the science we know now.
ScrollPortals
What's so special about higher dimensions? I did some youtube research and didn't find a lot of information. All I found is that beyond 5 dimensions all dimensions have only 3 platonic solids.

I've got this simulation I'm working on. I don't want to go into detail for obvious reasons but so far it's basically built on some ideas about physics, quantum physics, chemistry, black holes & meditation. Nothing is to scale. It's all just a fun little place. It just "works" somehow.

What I wanted to get help with was objects in higher dimensions.
Can you give me a metaphor to describe higher dimensions and their rotations of axis? and their independent axes?
I've been thinking about these axes a lot! Is there a plane between two axes as they rotate? can there be? Is there some association between the axes that is a sort of "virtual plane" just like axes are virtual for rotation.
If so, I imagine this can be applied to spaces against the virtual planes. But I can't figure out how many planes would be involved for a higher virtual 3d space axis arrangement.
I'm looking for creative rules about their axis for these higher dimension objects to follow.

Physics news on Phys.org
ScrollPortals said:
I'm looking for creative rules about their axis for these higher dimension objects to follow.

Why not use the normal mathematical rules for dimensions?

I use normal mathematical rules.
But the simulation looks at the axes to determine if they're good for black holes jets. So in hire dimensions, I am looking for a way to conceptualize what would happen with different axes emitting different jets at different rotations.

I also don't know what the different types of rotation would do to the gravity field in higher dimensions.

Something else I'm looking for are theories for things "beyond beyond" the science we know now.
Like the floor of reality.
I am considering ridiculous theories, because the only thing I need is a model or concept of one. Preferably an elegant one.

Related to What's so special about higher dimensions?

1. What are higher dimensions?

Higher dimensions refer to mathematical spaces that have more than the three dimensions (length, width, and height) that we are familiar with in our everyday lives. These dimensions are often represented by letters, such as x, y, z, and w, and can be added to equations to describe more complex systems.

2. Why do scientists study higher dimensions?

Scientists study higher dimensions to better understand the universe and the laws of physics. By exploring mathematical spaces with more dimensions, they can gain insights into concepts such as time travel, parallel universes, and the fundamental forces of nature.

3. How many dimensions are there?

In theory, there can be an infinite number of dimensions. However, in physics, the most commonly used models involve up to 11 dimensions. String theory, for example, suggests that the universe has 10 dimensions, while M-theory proposes an 11-dimensional universe.

4. Can humans experience higher dimensions?

No, humans are limited to perceiving and experiencing the three dimensions of length, width, and height. Our brains are not capable of comprehending higher dimensions, but we can use mathematical models and equations to understand and describe them.

5. What's the practical application of studying higher dimensions?

Studying higher dimensions has many practical applications, including in fields such as computer graphics, engineering, and physics. For example, higher-dimensional math is used in computer graphics to create 3D animations and in engineering to design complex structures. In physics, understanding higher dimensions can help us better understand the nature of the universe and potentially lead to groundbreaking discoveries and inventions.