What would happen if we could use 100% of our brain?

• Thread starter Boogeyman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, the conversation discusses the myth that humans only use 10% of their brain and questions why we cannot use our brains fully. The conversation also references an article debunking the 10% myth and mentions previous discussions on this topic.
Boogeyman
what would happen? i read that we only use 10%, so I figured we could do some crazy sh!t if we could use everything.

actually, why can't we use our brain fully in the first place?

Physics news on Phys.org
Boogeyman said:
what would happen? i read that we only use 10%, so I figured we could do some crazy sh!t if we could use everything.

http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/brain-usage-myth.html

I also had this question many years ago, but now I don't want to do any "crazy sh!t" :smile:

aww man, i thought i had something going there...

Grammar

Boogeyman said:

Why do you use the singular form of brain? It's not like all PF members share one big brain. lol

The 10% myth is just that, a myth. Search through the med sciences forum for some old threads there that have addressed it thoroughly before. I'm closing this one since there's really nothing more to discuss and it's already turning into silly banter.

Related to What would happen if we could use 100% of our brain?

What does it mean to use 100% of our brain?

There is a common myth that humans only use 10% of their brain and if we were able to use 100%, we would possess supernatural abilities. However, this is not true. We use the majority of our brain at all times, even during simple tasks like breathing and walking.

What would happen if we were able to use 100% of our brain?

It is impossible for humans to use 100% of their brain as it is constantly active and vital for our survival. However, if we were to hypothetically use 100% of our brain, it is likely that we would experience extreme mental and physical exhaustion.

Can we unlock the other 90% of our brain?

As mentioned before, the idea that we only use 10% of our brain is a myth. We use all parts of our brain for different functions. While we may not fully understand how the brain works, we are constantly learning new things about its complexity and abilities.

Is there any evidence to support the idea of using 100% of our brain?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the idea that humans can use 100% of their brain. Brain imaging studies have shown that we use different parts of our brain for different tasks, and there is no unused portion that can be activated.

What can we do to improve our brain's potential?

There are many ways to improve brain function, such as regular exercise, a healthy diet, and engaging in mentally stimulating activities. However, there is no one method that can unlock the full potential of the brain as it is constantly evolving and adapting to our environment.