What would happen if dark energy was injected into a black hole?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of injecting dark energy into different objects and the effects it would have. However, it is mentioned that this is not possible and the question itself may not have a scientific basis. The thread is eventually closed due to the lack of a meaningful discussion.
saitzan
As I understand it, if you were to inject lots of dark energy into the molten core of a planet, the planet would inflate like a bubble over time until the forces of dark energy and gravity were in balance or until the bubble popped. If you were to inject dark energy into the interior of a black hole, what would happen?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
saitzan said:
As I understand it, if you were to inject lots of dark energy into the molten core of a planet, the planet would inflate like a bubble over time until the forces of dark energy and gravity were in balance or until the bubble popped. If you were to inject dark energy into the interior of a black hole, what would happen?
You cannot "inject" dark energy into anything. It's not something you can corral and coerce into doing your bidding, so your question makes no sense.

Its weird. Whenever I ask a question on a physics forum I always get two or three obsessive compulsives that don't understand what’s going on answering a question I didn't ask before someone comes along with something intelligent.

saitzan said:
Its weird. Whenever I ask a question on a physics forum I always get two or three obsessive compulsives that don't understand what’s going on answering a question I didn't ask before someone comes along with something intelligent.
This is possibly due to the fact that
phinds said:
your question makes no sense
In order to get even close to an answer, one had to make so many assumptions on what is still unknown that a every answer would be meaningless. The only intelligent answer is
phinds said:
your question makes no sense

Speculations and thus the question isn't covered by our rules without a scientific basis, i.e. some mainstream science in whose context a discussion could be settled.

Thread closed.

Likes mfb, davenn and phinds

Related to What would happen if dark energy was injected into a black hole?

What is dark energy?

Dark energy is a theoretical form of energy that is believed to make up about 68% of the total energy in the universe. It is thought to be responsible for the observed accelerating expansion of the universe.

What is a black hole?

A black hole is a region of space with a gravitational pull so strong that nothing, including light, can escape from it. It is formed when a massive star dies and its core collapses under its own gravity.

Is dark energy related to black holes?

There is currently no known direct relationship between dark energy and black holes. However, some theories suggest that dark energy could be responsible for the accelerated growth of black holes in the universe.

How do black holes affect dark energy?

Black holes have a significant mass and therefore contribute to the overall gravitational pull in the universe. This means that they may have an impact on the distribution and behavior of dark energy.

Can black holes create or emit dark energy?

There is no evidence to suggest that black holes can create or emit dark energy. Dark energy is thought to be a fundamental property of space itself and is not produced by any known physical processes.