What Was the Unidentified Running Object I Encountered in My Driveway at Night?

In summary: I have never heard one make any noise, other than the odd "meep" when they are stepped on.In summary, an unidentified running object was seen flying past a person at night. The object was a piece of rag with a hedge hog under it. Another mystery was solved by the fearless ram.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Unidentified running object.

Its 9 o/clock at night and i am just getting into my car, when this
white shape less thing shoots past me, now there is no wind ,as my
first thought was litter blowing around, when the thing started to
wander all over the place at about my walking pace, i had to investigate,
when i caught it and grabed the white thing, it turned out to be a piece of rag with a hedge hog under it.
Another mystery solved by the fearless ram.

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:

when i caught it and grabed the white thing, it turned out to be a piece of rag with a hedge hog under it.

Be glad it wasn't a skunk under it .:biggrin:

wolram said:

All hail the fearless ram. :approve:

I am quite fearless now as regards strange events, i mean i still have
the noises, and coins tuning up where they should not.
I am still trying to find a way to trace the noises automatically.
Has anyone an idea PLEASE?

One could do an acoustic analysis with two or more microphones and a timing (time delay) circuit for each pair of transducers.

Acoustic emissions using an array of transducers can be done similar to a phased array radar system. If done right it maps exactly where an noise orginates - location/orientation and range.

Of course, those of us with a limited budget and less regard for sundry creatures than Astro favour carpet-bombing the suspect area. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
One could do an acoustic analysis with two or more microphones and a timing (time delay) circuit for each pair of transducers.

Acoustic emissions using an array of transducers can be done similar to a phased array radar system. If done right it maps exactly where an noise orginates - location/orientation and range.

I am willing to pay a resonable amount, or even build some thing up
from a circuit diagram, i have searched the electronics shops around
here but can find nothing to do the job, i have also searched the net,
the only things i could find are expensive pro jobs.

It's been years since I saw a hedge-hog. They have all been run over by cars over here, whether they cower beneath pieces of rags or not. :frown:

Related to What Was the Unidentified Running Object I Encountered in My Driveway at Night?

1. What is an Unidentified Running Object (URO)?

An Unidentified Running Object (URO) is an object or entity that is observed moving or running at high speeds, but its identity or origin cannot be determined. It is often associated with reports of UFOs or other mysterious phenomena.

2. How are UROs different from UFOs?

UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) are typically associated with unidentified objects or crafts observed in the sky, while UROs are objects or entities that are observed moving or running on the ground at high speeds. However, both terms are used to describe unidentified objects or phenomena.

3. What are some possible explanations for UROs?

UROs could be natural phenomena such as meteors or ball lightning, human-made objects such as drones or experimental aircraft, or even hoaxes or misidentifications of known objects. In some cases, they may also be attributed to paranormal or extraterrestrial origins.

4. How are UROs studied by scientists?

Scientists study UROs by collecting and analyzing data, such as eyewitness reports, photographs, videos, and physical evidence. They also use scientific methods, such as experimentation and analysis, to try and understand the nature and origin of these objects.

5. Have there been any known cases of UROs being identified?

Yes, there have been cases where UROs have been identified and explained. For example, a mysterious object spotted running across a football field during a game was later identified as a runaway balloon. However, there are still many cases that remain unexplained and continue to be a subject of scientific research and speculation.