What was the speed at the point of impact in this tragic auto accident?

• Thread starter kom
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Guidance
In summary, a car accident resulted in the deaths of two innocent people and the driver responsible for the crash only sustained minor injuries and was able to leave the scene and return home. There are suspicions that the driver may have been paid off and there is now a movement to seek justice for the families of the victims. The person asking for help is looking for information on the speed of impact and any other details that may help with calculating it. However, it is important to leave accident investigation to professionals.
kom
im trying to help out an auto accident investigation that took 2 inocent lives. the impact was not fatal but fire started and within minutes of the crash, both were burn alive while they were screaming for help. the driver that caused the crash have minor injuries and was able to leave the scene of accident to the nearest hosipital. the investigating team have not charge the man and he have returned home. it is seems that they were paid off. however, people are raising up to protest on this wrong doing and i am trying the best i can to help fight for justice for those famlies. what i want to know is the speed at the point if impact. the car that got hit was a 2015 Ford Fiesta wand the cause of the accident was a Benz CLS63 AMG. what other information do i need to go about calculating that. i do have a short video of the accident in the link below. if anyone could point me in the right direction. i would greatly appriciated. thankyou

Physics news on Phys.org
kom said:
im trying to help out an auto accident investigation that took 2 inocent lives.

I'm sorry but we can't help you. Accident investigation should be left to professionals who know what they're doing. Thread locked.

Related to What was the speed at the point of impact in this tragic auto accident?

1. What is the definition of speed at the point of impact?

The speed at the point of impact refers to the velocity or rate at which a moving object is traveling at the exact moment it collides with another object.

2. How is the speed at the point of impact measured?

The speed at the point of impact can be measured using various methods such as analyzing skid marks, using vehicle damage analysis, or using specialized equipment like crash data recorders.

3. Why is knowing the speed at the point of impact important in auto accidents?

Knowing the speed at the point of impact is important in determining the severity of the accident and the potential injuries sustained by the individuals involved. It can also help with determining fault and liability in the accident.

4. Can the speed at the point of impact be calculated after the accident has occurred?

Yes, the speed at the point of impact can be calculated after the accident has occurred through various reconstruction methods. However, the accuracy of the calculation may vary depending on the available evidence and the expertise of the investigator.

5. Is the speed at the point of impact the same as the speed of the vehicle before the accident?

No, the speed at the point of impact may be different from the speed of the vehicle before the accident due to factors such as braking, acceleration, and the angle of impact. This is why it is important to conduct a thorough investigation to determine the true speed at the point of impact.