What sparked my interest in physics as an adult and how can I learn more?

• Thread starter SwanseaStephen
  • Start date
In summary, as an adult, my interest in physics was sparked by my curiosity about the world and how it works. I found myself drawn to the complex concepts and theories of physics, and wanted to understand more about the fundamental laws of nature. To learn more, I can engage in self-study through reading books, watching online lectures, and participating in online discussions. I can also attend physics conferences, workshops, and seminars to deepen my knowledge and interact with experts in the field. Additionally, joining a local physics club or community can provide opportunities for hands-on experiments and discussions with like-minded individuals.
SwanseaStephen
Hey everyone, I'm Stephen a new member here. As an adult I have started to have a great deal of interest in physics so I was looking for a forum where I can post questions when I think of them or am having difficulty understanding a concept. I took some physics in high school and college but really just learned enough to get by and don't feel like I truly understood the material, and now as a young adult, for whatever reason, have become very interested in physics and am just trying to learn what I can and see where it takes me from there! I guess if I had to pick one topic in physics which interests me most, it is time. I am also a neurology resident and in the future may be interested in studying perception of time using both neuroscience and physics. But I'm a long way off from that, and right now I just want to build the fundamentals while exploring interesting physics concepts as they come up.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place :smile: