What programming language should I learn as a beginner?

In summary, the conversation discusses popular computer programming languages, how to choose the right programming language for a project, the best way to learn a new programming language, how to improve coding skills, and how to troubleshoot errors in code. The most popular computer programming languages include Java, Python, C++, C#, and JavaScript. The right programming language for a project depends on the project requirements, personal preferences, and the language's capabilities. To learn a new programming language, it is recommended to practice, start with the basics, and gradually build up skills. Online resources such as tutorials, courses, and coding challenges can also be helpful. To improve coding skills, regular practice and a willingness to learn are important. Reading and studying code written by others
Vals509
hi guys

i'm a know it not all in programming and am really desperate to learn a language. can someone please give me some advice on what program will be suitable for me learn. I'm still in school, so please take that into your considerations.

help will be appreciated a lot

Physics news on Phys.org
Try C and C++, in that order. In C, learn how to write functions. When you move to C++, learn how to use objects and classes.

I hate to say it, but I would avoid FORTRAN and Matlab like the plague if I were just learning how to program.

Hello there,

I understand the importance of learning computer programming in today's world. My advice would be to start with a language that is widely used and has a strong community for support and learning. Some popular options for beginners include Python, Java, and C++. Additionally, there are many online resources and tutorials available to help you learn these languages.

Since you are still in school, I would also recommend checking with your school to see if they offer any programming courses or clubs that you could join. This will not only provide you with structured learning but also give you the opportunity to collaborate and learn from others.

Remember, learning a programming language takes time and practice, so don't get discouraged if you don't understand everything right away. Keep practicing and seeking help when needed, and you will eventually become proficient in the language of your choice.

Best of luck on your programming journey!

Related to What programming language should I learn as a beginner?

1. What are the most popular computer programming languages?

The most popular computer programming languages include Java, Python, C++, C#, and JavaScript.

2. How do I choose the right programming language for my project?

The right programming language for a project depends on the project requirements, your personal preferences, and the language's capabilities. Research different languages and their uses to determine which one best fits your needs.

3. What is the best way to learn a new programming language?

The best way to learn a new programming language is to practice, practice, practice. Start with the basics, work on small projects, and gradually build up your skills. Online tutorials, courses, and coding challenges can also be helpful resources.

4. How can I improve my coding skills?

Improving coding skills requires regular practice and a willingness to learn new things. Many programmers also recommend reading and studying code written by others, participating in coding communities, and constantly challenging yourself with new projects.

5. How do I troubleshoot errors in my code?

Troubleshooting errors in code can be a challenging task, but it's important to remain patient and thorough. Start by checking for syntax errors, then move on to testing different parts of the code. Utilize online resources, such as forums and documentation, and don't be afraid to ask for help from more experienced programmers.