What Physics Books Can Help Regain Reality Post-Psychosis?

In summary, a new member named White Knight from California joined a forum and noticed there was no new member intro or off topic section. They explained their reason for joining was due to a bad drug trip and a need to find solidity in their reality. They are seeking book recommendations on physics and were advised to start with the foundation and work their way up. The forum member also suggested checking out the General Discussion forum for introductions.
White Night
Hi I'm white knight(night) and I'm from california. I noticed you didn't have a new member intro section, nor an off topic section so I'm posting here. I signed up on your forum because, well to be frank, i had a bad trip on some drugs about a year ago and had a psychotic breakdown/shift in consciousness and I'm now recovering and I'm trying to find solidity in my reality. I was always good at math and I figured a better understanding of physics would help me with this conundrum of mine.

What books related to physics should i read to better understand the workings of things? It would be nice to start with the foundation of physics and work my way outwards to more advanced theories. I read Parallel Worlds by Michio kaku and I'm currently reading a biography on Einstein. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello there, what is your current math background?

Welcome to PF, White Knight.
You're in the right place. Lots of us have mental problems (mine is ADD), and have managed to make that a positive. I can't really recommend any books because of my age. In my day, it was Carl Sagan, Steven Weinberg, Isaac Asimov...

Likes spaceodyssey
If you can get a hold of the Feynman lectures in physics, I would suggest reading the earlier volumes.

White Night said:
Hi I'm white knight(night) and I'm from california. I noticed you didn't have a new member intro section, nor an off topic section

Try our General Discussion forum, down near the bottom of the list. That's where most people put their introductions.

Tip: if you decide to post a proper introduction there, you can save us a step by telling us up front what your favorite fish is. :smile:

Related to What Physics Books Can Help Regain Reality Post-Psychosis?

1. What are the best books for someone who is new to this community?

The best books for someone who is new to this community will depend on what specific topics or themes you are interested in exploring. If you are looking for a general introduction to the community and its history, "Introduction to [Community Name]: A Comprehensive Guide" by [Author Name] is a great choice. If you are interested in a specific aspect or subcategory of the community, doing some research online to find popular books in that area can also be helpful.

2. Are there any books that are particularly helpful for beginners?

Yes, there are many books that are specifically aimed at beginners in this community. Some popular options include "[Book Title]" by [Author Name] and "[Book Title]" by [Author Name]. These books are designed to provide a basic understanding of the community and its key principles, making them a great starting point for new members.

3. Can you recommend any books for someone who is interested in learning more about [specific topic]?

Yes, there are many books that focus on specific topics within this community. A quick search online or asking for recommendations from other members can help you find relevant books. Some popular options for [specific topic] include "[Book Title]" by [Author Name] and "[Book Title]" by [Author Name].

4. Are there any books that are considered essential reads for all members of this community?

While there may not be a single book that is considered essential reading for all members of this community, there are certainly some books that are widely recommended and highly regarded by the community. These may include "[Book Title]" by [Author Name] and "[Book Title]" by [Author Name]. It can also be helpful to ask for recommendations from other members to see what books they consider important.

5. How can I find books that are specifically geared towards beginners?

If you are looking for books that are specifically aimed at beginners in this community, there are a few ways to go about finding them. One option is to do an online search for "books for beginners in [Community Name]" or "[Specific topic] books for beginners in [Community Name]." You can also ask for recommendations from other members, as they may have personal favorites or know of popular beginner-friendly books.