What? Obama Actually talk about the Middle East with Arabs?

• News
  • Thread starter LowlyPion
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of communication and understanding between different faiths and cultures, particularly in relation to the Muslim world. The speaker emphasizes the need to view people as individuals rather than labeling them based on their beliefs. The conversation also touches on the idea of fighting fair and the use of tactics in conflict.
LowlyPion
Homework Helper
Part I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO_lLttxxrs
Part II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvnNYNc7HSA
"I have Muslim members of my family. I have lived in Muslim countries. ... And so what I want to communicate is the fact that in all my travels throughout the Muslim world, what I've come to understand is that regardless of your faith -- and America is a country of Muslims, Jews, Christians, non-believers -- regardless of your faith, people all have certain common hopes and common dreams.

And my job is to communicate to the American people that the Muslim world is filled with extraordinary people who simply want to live their lives and see their children live better lives. My job to the Muslim world is to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy. We sometimes make mistakes. We have not been perfect."
What about protecting the American Two-Partisan System? If we achieve peace, what will we do with ourselves? Who will we conjure up to direct our hate towards?

Physics news on Phys.org
LowlyPion said:
What about protecting the American Two-Partisan System? If we achieve peace, what will we do with ourselves? Who will we conjure up to direct our hate towards?
Amway?

How dare he be palin around with terrorists!

Cyrus said:
I was working as a training consultant for a pulp mill in Luke MD, and commented to a young engineer about some of the "political" talk I had heard among the crew in the powerhouse. He grinned and told me about a power-boiler operator who was reading the paper some time back and who was railing against Lesbian Tourists. The mill is situated near a pretty nice stretch of kayaking white-water and they get their share of outsiders, but anyway the engineer asked why he was so upset and it turned out that Lebanese Terrorists were hot items in the news.

Cyrus said:

Our terrorists are their freedom fighters. It is silly not to talk with someone because of some label we put on them.

wildman said:
Our terrorists are their freedom fighters. It is silly not to talk with someone because of some label we put on them.
I'm sure the American colonists fighting the British regulars and their mercenaries were accused of worse because instead of lining up in rows and firing volleys at one another, they would resort to sheltering behind trees and stone walls. Dirty tactics! Fight fair!

Dirty tactics! Fight fair!
lol
you mean there are rules? talk, listen, learn.
I like the idea.

Please, there is a world of difference between shooting from behind a tree and shooting from behind the skirts of women.

Edit: bah, can't get the image right. Go to image 10 in the gallery.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/columnists/orl-summers-cartgallery,0,5845995.photogallery

To pretend otherwise is ludicrous.

Last edited by a moderator:
The French resistance blew the hell out of Germans and civilians, they also sheltered amongst civilians as did the Partisans. It's actually a matter of perspective, although I'll give you running into a café with the express intention of blowing up civilians is definitely a faux pas in all the acknowledged, terror circles. I believe you can lose your membership to the Guerillatarians and your free subscription to what explosives monthly.

Locked pending moderation

Related to What? Obama Actually talk about the Middle East with Arabs?

1. What is the purpose of Obama talking about the Middle East with Arabs?

The purpose of Obama talking about the Middle East with Arabs is to promote diplomacy and foster better relationships with countries in the region. It also allows for open communication and the sharing of ideas and concerns.

2. How often does Obama discuss the Middle East with Arabs?

The frequency of Obama's discussions about the Middle East with Arabs varies, but it has been a key topic throughout his presidency. He has made several trips to the region and has met with leaders from various Arab countries on numerous occasions.

3. What issues are typically discussed during these talks?

The issues discussed during Obama's talks about the Middle East with Arabs include political stability, security, economic cooperation, human rights, and regional conflicts, such as the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the Syrian civil war.

4. How have these discussions impacted relations between the US and Arab countries?

The discussions between Obama and Arab leaders have helped to improve relations between the US and Arab countries. They have led to increased cooperation on various issues and have helped to address tensions and misunderstandings that may have existed in the past.

5. What role does the US play in the Middle East according to Obama?

According to Obama, the US plays a crucial role in promoting peace, stability, and economic development in the Middle East. He also believes in the need for the US to work alongside Arab countries to address common challenges and achieve mutual goals.