What makes PF the best forum for math and economics students?

• Thread starter doodle_sack
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is studying Mathematics at university and has also registered for Physics and Theoretical Computer Science courses. They are interested in pursuing a PhD in Economics or Finance and have joined related forums. They appreciate the friendly and helpful atmosphere of this forum and explain the origin of their username. Others welcome them and exchange friendly banter.
doodle_sack
I'm studying Mathematics at the university. But, I also have Physics and Theoretical Computer Science courses, so, I registered as a member in this forum. I am pretty much interested in pursuing Economics or Finance PhD, so, obviously I registered in forums relating to economics/finance. Though I do not want to mention the names of the other forums, I, from the bottom of my heart feel that this forum and its people are just great! There are no "rude replies", no attitude "show-offs", are some of the reasons I can name!

Kudos to PF! :!) :!) :!) :!)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, doodle_sack, I'm glad you found us :smile:!

Doodle sack... I know that's a german bagpipe from listening to Says You! on NPR... any chance that this is where you got the name? If not, I'd love to hear how! Heißen Sie willkommen zu PF

You will do well in economics and finance, brown nose!

@nismaratwork: doodle sack is the sack that santa carries on christmas...glad you liked it! you are the "n-th" fan of this name lol!

@Andy: i couldn't agree more with you, if my idea of pursuing economics exists when i complete my degree =p

OMG! only after reading nismaratwork's post i googled for doodlesack, i am a bit terrified by some of the results! :S

doodle_sack said:
OMG! only after reading nismaratwork's post i googled for doodlesack, i am a bit terrified by some of the results! :S

Heh... I'm still a fan of the name. :smile:

Thanks Doodle Sack for your nice entrance in this great forum.

Related to What makes PF the best forum for math and economics students?

1. What is the purpose of Best Forum?

Best Forum is a platform designed for people to share and discuss various topics, including but not limited to, current events, hobbies, and interests. It allows users to connect with others who have similar interests and engage in meaningful discussions.

2. How do I join Best Forum?

To join Best Forum, simply click on the “Sign Up” button on the homepage and fill out the required information. You will then receive a confirmation email to verify your account. Once your account is verified, you can start participating in discussions on the forum.

3. Is Best Forum free to use?

Yes, Best Forum is completely free to use. There are no hidden fees or subscription costs. Our goal is to provide an accessible platform for everyone to share their thoughts and ideas.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for posting on Best Forum?

Yes, we have a set of community guidelines that all users are expected to follow. These guidelines promote respectful and constructive discussions and prohibit any form of hate speech, harassment, or inappropriate content. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in a warning or suspension from the forum.

5. Can I create my own forum on Best Forum?

Currently, we do not offer the option for users to create their own forum on Best Forum. However, you are welcome to start a discussion or thread on any topic that interests you within the existing forums on the platform.