What made Robert Novak such a polarizing figure in Washington politics?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Conservative columnist and former CNN "Crossfire" co-host Robert Novak has passed away at the age of 78 after a yearlong battle with cancer. He was known as a Washington insider and was involved in the Valerie Plame affair. While some may have not been fond of him, he was respected for his loyalty to his friends. He will be missed by many.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Conservative columnist and former CNN "Crossfire" co-host Robert Novak has died after a yearlong battle with cancer, his family said Tuesday. He was 78...
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/18/robert.novak.obituary/

While I was a regular viewer of Evan and Novak, Crossfire, and The Washington Gang, which were great political shows that would put most crap on TV today to shame, I could never stand Robert Novak; even when I was a staunch Republican! Perhaps my favorite quote about Novak was that he has the greatest mind of the 15th Century!

But all that aside, he was the ultimate Washington insider who was making news as well as reporting it, right up to the end with the Valerie Plame affair. Also, by all accounts, if he was your friend he absolutely loyal. I can respect that.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
This is a shame! Novak was one of the greats, and will be missed by many.

I never heard of the guy before.

Pinu7 said:
This is a shame! Novak was one of the greats, and will be missed by many.

I never heard of the guy before.

:smile:

All children should remain in the lobby. Only adults are allowed.

I have a preference for Jon Stewart's favourite names for the late Mr. Novak. However, as someone on another site pointed me in the appropriate direction, I think I can use their wording here too.

I'm sure there are people who cared about the man, and I'm sorry for their loss.

GeorginaS said:
I'm sure there are people who cared about the man, and I'm sorry for their loss.
Well said.

Related to What made Robert Novak such a polarizing figure in Washington politics?

1. Who was Robert Novak?

Robert Novak was an American journalist and television personality who was known for his conservative political commentary. He gained fame as a co-host of the political talk show "Crossfire" on CNN.

2. How did Robert Novak die?

Robert Novak passed away on August 18, 2009 at the age of 78 due to complications from brain cancer.

3. What was Robert Novak's impact on journalism and politics?

Robert Novak was known for his sharp political analysis and reporting, and he was often referred to as the "Prince of Darkness" for his controversial and provocative style. He was also instrumental in breaking several major political stories, including the Valerie Plame CIA leak scandal.

4. What was Robert Novak's legacy?

Robert Novak's legacy includes his contributions to political journalism and his impact on conservative commentary. He was also honored with several awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Political Science Association.

5. What is the significance of Robert Novak's death?

Robert Novak's death marked the end of an era in political journalism and commentary. He was a respected and influential figure in the field, and his passing was mourned by many in the political and media world.

Back