What is the ultimate truth of our existence?

• Thread starter Pitchdark
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Picture
In summary, the conversation explores the idea that all inquiries and actions taken to understand the world are limited by the fact that we are only able to perceive things from within the picture of existence. The speaker believes that this limitation leads to the question of what is real and the quest to find the answer. They suggest that this question is an anomaly that only a few understand, while the rest argue logically from within the picture. The conversation also touches on the concept of relativity and limitations of the observer. The overall message is to be like the runner, with the knowledge of the observer, in order to overcome limitations and find the truth.
Pitchdark
It's an abstract thought which I'm trying to convey here...

****Please bear with the Bad English...but the Idea is really abstract I just couldn't help being lost************

All inquiry...(philosophy, astrology, cosmology, physics...everything) and the quest to understand the world...

And all actions taken to find The Answer...

Everything that we can perceive is only through being inside the picture...

We are a part of the whole...so if you are asking a question...even that question has come out of the whole ...the picture...

so whatever you perceive through all means...

can never be the whole truth...It's just what you can see staying inside the picture...

Only an outside entity can see what's there (or here rather)...

So if I say all those inquiries are also a result of the design of the picture...and if YOU actually believe you are a separate entity (besides just a pixel in a picture...)

1.) then either you are being played into huge game...(by being stopped from seeing the reality)

2.) or your belief of being a separate entity is wrong

I personally support the 1st argument...why? because if that wouldn't have been the case...there wouldn't have been this question of (what is real...? How do you define real...?)

So the question is an anomaly (as said in MATRIX and the 'ONE') which few of us in this forum understand...and rest just miss the point and argue logically...(but again they only see from within the picture...)

You definitely can't get out of the picture and see what's in here...but if there's a question ...there has to be an answer to this...

That 'ONE' is not an entity but that question that makes you the ONE.

PitchDark

Physics news on Phys.org
The special and general relativity equations isolate a point of view. Namely the observer from the observed. Existence is based on this distinction.

The turtle must know his limitations. But by knowing the rabbit's limitations also, the turtle can beat the rabbit.

Zeno's paradox is one of the observer's limitations. The runner is not so limited in his dash to the finish line.

Be the runner with the knowledge of the observer.

Thank you for sharing your abstract thoughts on the ultimate truth of our existence. I must approach this question from a different perspective. While I appreciate the philosophical and metaphysical aspects of your argument, I also believe that science has a crucial role in understanding the reality of our existence.

Science is a systematic and evidence-based approach to understanding the natural world. It relies on observation, experimentation, and the development of theories and models to explain phenomena. Through science, we have made incredible discoveries about the universe and ourselves, from the laws of physics to the intricacies of our own biology.

One of the fundamental principles of science is that we must be open to new evidence and revise our theories accordingly. This means that our understanding of the truth is constantly evolving and expanding. As scientists, we do not claim to have all the answers, but we are constantly seeking to uncover more about the world around us.

In terms of the ultimate truth of our existence, science can offer explanations and theories based on evidence and observations. For example, the theory of evolution explains the diversity of life on Earth, while the Big Bang theory explains the origin of the universe. These may not be definitive answers, but they are based on scientific evidence and continue to be refined as we learn more.

Furthermore, science also allows us to understand the limitations of our perception and cognition. Our brains are limited in their ability to comprehend the vastness of the universe and the complexity of existence. This means that our understanding may always be limited, and there may be aspects of reality that we will never be able to fully understand.

In conclusion, while I appreciate your philosophical musings on the ultimate truth of our existence, I believe that science is a crucial tool in our quest for understanding. It may not provide all the answers, but it offers a systematic and evidence-based approach to uncovering the truth about the world around us.

Related to What is the ultimate truth of our existence?

1. What does it mean to be "inside the picture"?

Being "inside the picture" refers to the experience of being fully immersed in a virtual or digital environment, often through the use of technology such as virtual reality or augmented reality.

2. How does being inside the picture affect our perception of reality?

Being inside the picture can alter our perception of reality by creating a sense of presence in a digital world, blurring the lines between what is real and what is simulated. This can have both positive and negative effects on our cognition and behavior.

3. What are the potential applications of being inside the picture?

The applications of being inside the picture are vast and varied. It can be used for entertainment, such as in video games and movies, as well as for educational purposes, training simulations, and even in therapy and rehabilitation.

4. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding being inside the picture?

Yes, there are ethical concerns surrounding being inside the picture, particularly in terms of privacy and the potential for addiction and escapism. There is also the question of how this technology may impact our relationships and social interactions.

5. What advancements are being made in the field of being inside the picture?

The field of being inside the picture is constantly evolving, with advancements being made in areas such as virtual and augmented reality, haptic feedback, and brain-computer interfaces. Researchers are also exploring the potential of using this technology for more immersive and realistic experiences.