What is the Secret New Energy Source Using Magnets?

In summary, this person found a 200+ page report on a new energy source that included the name, phone number, and email address of the person responsible. The person found the report lying on their back door and has no idea who the author is or why they would leave it there. They think that they can invest in the technology and make money.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm Rich! "New Energy Source"!

Tonight I found a very professional looking, 200+ page report lying on my back doorstep. It was a in a folder titled, "New Energy Source", and included the name, phone number, and email address of the person responsible. I have no idea who this person is, why they would know who I am, why they would go to my back door, or why they thought I would be interested, but they did a beautiful job. A quick glance reveals that this a secret new technology that allows simple magnets to produce free energy. Woohoo! All I have to do is to call this person, give them my stamp of approval, and share the wealth.

Very strange.

Physics news on Phys.org

It's mine. For a modest initial investment, I'll let you share in the patent right. I'll PM you my Paypal information.

Must be cousins of the Jimmy's Nigerian Princess.

Great! :cry: I found out that it was left by a 70 year old lady who wants to know if the life's work of her now dead friend can help save the world.

The last time something like this happened, it was an older gent who blew his entire retirement savings on a half-baked paddle wheel and creek scheme. He had purchased a crane to lift his floating paddle wheel in and out of the creek. That alone cost something like $30,000. He wanted me to tell him how much money he was going to make with a 1890s vintage [for all practical purposes], undershot paddle wheel. I would have been surprised if he got more than a 100-200 watts out of it.

Last edited:

Wouldn't this be an intrusion of property? Legal sanctions can be made. Did the old lady really put it at the back?

Elihu5991 said:
Wouldn't this be an intrusion of property? Legal sanctions can be made. Did the old lady really put it at the back?

Free energy would violate the law of conservation of energy. This thread is a joke about crackpots.

Haha depends how one interprets the claim. I wasn't referring to the claim but the offer being in his backyard.

Elihu5991 said:
Do you really get the impression that Ivan is so bothered by some one at his back door that he wants to take legal action against an old lady who lost a friend?

No, no. Just the measures the old lady took. Besides, it wasn't finding a friend more than being finding someone to continue the legacy. Does seem a little suspicious. And no, I'm not encouraging legal action.

Ivan Seeking said:
. I have no idea who this person is, why they would know who I am, why they would go to my back door, or why they thought I would be interested, but they did a beautiful job.

Don't underestimate ghost's poswer!:biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Don't underestimate ghost's poswer!:biggrin:
Yea. It want's him back on S&D. :devil:

Elihu5991 said:

Like me and several other PFers, Ivan lives in the Pacific Northwest. This kind of thing happens all the time here. The forests are chock-full of elderly people wandering around, leaving strange things on doorsteps.

Just the other day I found a dead mole, minus its hindquarters, at my back door. Silly old people!

Number Nine said:
It's mine. For a modest initial investment, I'll let you share in the patent right. I'll PM you my Paypal information.

Hey! Whose technology is it, again? :mad: It is me who had spent many sleepless hours and endured many failures to invent this free energy source. At first I thought I'd use LHC, but LHC did not give me permission. So I had to use small magnets. :wink: Aha sweet success. Ivan don't listen to any impostors. I'm the only genuine inventor of this marvel. Of course you have to send me some greenies.

For all others. Sell your cars today. My anti-gravity cars are just months away. Its cheap and fueled by whale manure.

lisab said:
Just the other day I found a dead mole, minus its hindquarters, at my back door. Silly old people!
More likely, you are unaware that you own (are owned by) a cat!

russ_watters said:
More likely, you are unaware that you own (are owned by) a cat!

That's just what the old people want you to think!

Borek said:
Must be cousins of the Jimmy's Nigerian Princess.

How is the Nigerian princess doing? I sent her some money to help her regain her throne, but I never heard back.

G01 said:
How is the Nigerian princess doing? I sent her some money to help her regain her throne, but I never heard back.
She sent me my $15,000,000 of the $20,000,000 that her father stole. I spent it on a Rolex that turned out to be fake. When I realized that I had been taken, I sold the watch to her for the other $5,000,000. That $5,000,000 went for a scheme that was supposed to enlarge my manhood, but they must have sent me the wrong stuff because all I got out of it was a sugar high. Good luck getting your money back. The last time I saw her she had enlarged her womanhood to the point that I doubt she has any money left to give away to strangers.

And my grand schemes continue to devastate the world...

I have a secret energy source. It's free gas. Normally I can go pretty much all day without farting, but when I'm put in a situation where I'd have to hold it in, like in a school classroom, my body begins to produce an impossible amount of gas. So put me in a classroom or a job interview or something like that, hook a hose up to my butt, and power the country.

On a more practical note -

You have seen these breadmaker machines ? Pour in some flour and water, it thrashes around for two hours and pops out a loaf of bread?

Modify it to turn junkmail into toilet paper...

Jimmy Snyder said:
She sent me my $15,000,000 of the $20,000,000 that her father stole. I spent it on a Rolex that turned out to be fake. When I realized that I had been taken, I sold the watch to her for the other $5,000,000. That $5,000,000 went for a scheme that was supposed to enlarge my manhood, but they must have sent me the wrong stuff because all I got out of it was a sugar high. Good luck getting your money back. The last time I saw her she had enlarged her womanhood to the point that I doubt she has any money left to give away to strangers.

:smile:

Another folder was left with "missing pages included. PLEASE CALL!"

I guess I should call and say something... Telling her that it took all of 30 seconds to determine there is nothing to it may not be the best approach. :frown:

Ivan Seeking said:
Another folder was left with "missing pages included. PLEASE CALL!"

I guess I should call and say something... Telling her that it took all of 30 seconds to determine there is nothing to it may not be the best approach. :frown:
Doe's she have a back doorstep? You could leave her your comments. Maybe even leave her a consulting bill.

dlgoff said:
Doe's she have a back doorstep? You could leave her your comments. Maybe even leave her a consulting bill.

My standard rate is $120/hr, so I should leave her a bill for $1.00? :biggrin:

[QUOTE=" I have no idea who this person is, why they would know who I am, why they would go to my back door,".[/QUOTE]

No doubt he went to your back door because he thought the "SPOOKS" were following him!

Ivan Seeking said:
My standard rate is $120/hr, so I should leave her a bill for $1.00? :biggrin:
:smile:

I finally had a chance to look things over enough to call her. Funny enough, it turns out that her friend was Howard Johnson. Apparently they dated when they were young and even went to Hawaii together.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=103813

All in all she took it well. I didn't want to sugar coat things too much because she's spending her Social Security income on this effort. She said she could barely afford the ink to print off all of the documents. :frown:

So she wouldn't be a good PF member candidate?

dlgoff said:
So she wouldn't be a good PF member candidate?

Heh, really she was very reasonable. I explained that the known laws of physics rule out such devices and I can give her about five reasons why it shouldn't work. So if there was anything to it, it would be revolutionary and a huge discovery. I also explained that many people have gone down this road before, including many future physicists, as kids! I told her about the time that a bunch of us students and professors compared notes on our past energy-from-magnets efforts; how this is almost a normal phase of intellectual evolution for young people with an interest in this stuff. When she heard that she seemed to understand what I was saying.

Ivan Seeking said:
Heh, really she was very reasonable. I explained that the known laws of physics rule out such devices and I can give her about five reasons why it shouldn't work. So if there was anything to it, it would be revolutionary and a huge discovery. I also explained that many people have gone down this road before, including many future physicists, as kids! I told her about the time that a bunch of us students and professors compared notes on our past energy-from-magnets efforts; how this is almost a normal phase of intellectual evolution for young people with an interest in this stuff. When she heard that she seemed to understand what I was saying.

You're a "Good Man" Ivan. Our PF community is full of good people. Greg is "The Man" because of he made our community possible. I reserve the term "Good Man/Woman" for good people who act on that goodness. :approve:

I have accumulated several signatures over the years, one being a quote1, that I change from time to time. I would love to use this one if I have your permission.
Ivan Seeking said:
I explained that the known laws of physics rule out such devices ...
You may PM me with "whatever".

1 Thank you DrChinese for letting me, as I didn't ask for your permission.

Thanks DL. And feel free to quote me all you like. But if anyone starts shooting at you, don't blame me! :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Thanks DL. And feel free to quote me all you like. But if anyone starts shooting at you, don't blame me! :biggrin:
Thank you.

Watching my back
:rolleyes:

Worthy of mention, I think, I didn't want to make her drive over and pick up her documents, so I offered to drop them off at her house. As it turns out, she is a phenomenal artist! She spent about 30 minutes showing me painting after painting, all of which were absolutely beautiful! She gives art lessons from her home and sees a number of students. A good portion of her house is dedicated to stacked frames and canvases of completed or mostly completed works, blotters with tubes of paint lying about, bottles filled with brushes, and her most prized works are mounted in nice frames and paint the walls from front to back. After surveying this landscape that represents many years of work, I assured her that she need not worry about money. After she dies she's going to be famous! :biggrin: She has a great sense of humor and we had a great visit. She also has a very interesting life history that she touched on a bit. A fascinating lady to be sure.

Oh yes, and she has a really cool cat. He and I got to be buddies in about five seconds.

Related to What is the Secret New Energy Source Using Magnets?

1. What is the secret new energy source using magnets?

The secret new energy source using magnets is a technology that harnesses the power of magnetic fields to generate electricity. It involves using a system of magnets and coils to create a continuous flow of energy without the need for fossil fuels.

2. How does this new energy source work?

The specific details of how this new energy source works are still being researched and developed. However, it is based on the principle of electromagnetic induction, where a changing magnetic field can create an electric current in a conductor.

3. Is this new energy source sustainable?

Yes, this new energy source is considered to be sustainable because it does not rely on finite resources like fossil fuels. The magnetic fields used in this technology can be continuously replenished, making it a renewable energy source.

4. What are the potential benefits of using this new energy source?

The potential benefits of using this new energy source include reducing our dependence on fossil fuels, decreasing carbon emissions, and providing a more sustainable and environmentally friendly source of electricity.

5. When will this new energy source be available for widespread use?

The development and implementation of this new energy source is still in the early stages, and it may take several years before it is available for widespread use. However, research and testing are ongoing, and progress is being made towards making this technology accessible to the public.