What is the Science Behind Energy Healing and Reiki?

• Thread starter J-Schu
  • Start date
In summary, energy healing and Reiki are alternative forms of healing that focus on manipulating the body's energy fields to promote physical, mental, and emotional well-being. These practices are based on the belief that energy flows through the body and disruptions or imbalances in this energy can lead to illness. Energy healers and Reiki practitioners use various techniques, such as hands-on healing and chakra balancing, to restore the body's energetic balance and promote healing. While the science behind these practices is still being studied, many people report experiencing positive effects from energy healing and Reiki, including reduced pain, stress, and anxiety.
J-Schu
Hi all. I just wanted to contribute to a thread on faraday cage construction for 60hz fields, but it doesn't look like I can at this point in time. Maybe by the time I can I will have forgotten about it but that's ok.

This seems like a great community of individuals from various disciplines and a great place to go to get questions answered.

A little about my nerd background, in case anyone cares:
8 years nuclear navy (submarine reactor operator/supervisor, maintained reactor instrumentation, also many out-of rate qualifications).
8 years as an analyst for a major energy company, worked with many various plant technologies.
Spent 3 years researching, developing, engineering, etc. technology and facilities that use microwaves to convert various waste streams into fuel with great efficiency and extremely low waste, via plasma gasification and Fischer-Tropsch processes.
Played drums for 23 years (although hardly been able to play much and haven't performed for a few years).
Have been studying and practicing reiki and other forms of energy healing for 2 years now. And have gained understanding of how the laws of the universe allow for it to work. I am willing to discuss and even demonstrate for open-minded and curious people.

Physics news on Phys.org
J-Schu said:
Have been studying and practicing reiki and other forms of energy healing for 2 years now. And have gained understanding of how the laws of the universe allow for it to work. I am willing to discuss and even demonstrate for open-minded and curious people.
Welcome to our forum J-Schu, unfortunately these are subjects we do not allow on our forum as we focus only on mainstream science. https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

Please be sure to read our rules so that you understand what we do here. :smile:

Likes berkeman
J-Schu said:
A little about my nerd background, in case anyone cares:
8 years nuclear navy (submarine reactor operator/supervisor, maintained reactor instrumentation, also many out-of rate qualifications).
Thank you for your service, Navy!
J-Schu said:
As Evo says, please re-check the PF rules (see INFO at the top of the page) to see what-all we allow in posts here. :smile:

Ok, thanks. Can string theory or theoretical physics be discussed here?

J-Schu said:
Ok, thanks. Can string theory or theoretical physics be discussed here?
Sure, in the appropriate forum, and based on peer-reviewed journal articles or mainstream textbooks. Be sure to post links to those references when posting in the technical forums here. :smile:

Ok. Thank you.

Related to What is the Science Behind Energy Healing and Reiki?

1. What is energy healing and Reiki?

Energy healing and Reiki are alternative healing practices that focus on the belief that there is a universal life force energy that flows through all living things. Practitioners of energy healing and Reiki use their hands to channel this energy to promote physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being in their clients.

2. How does energy healing and Reiki work?

Energy healing and Reiki work by tapping into the body's natural ability to heal itself. The practitioner acts as a conduit for the universal energy, directing it to areas of the body that need healing. This can help to remove blockages, balance energy, and promote relaxation and self-healing.

3. Is there scientific evidence to support energy healing and Reiki?

While there is limited scientific research on energy healing and Reiki, some studies have shown promising results. For example, a 2017 study found that Reiki was effective in reducing pain and anxiety in cancer patients. However, more research is needed to fully understand the mechanisms behind these practices.

4. Can anyone learn energy healing and Reiki?

Yes, anyone can learn energy healing and Reiki. These practices do not require any special abilities or background, and can be learned through classes and workshops. However, it is important to find a reputable teacher and to practice regularly in order to become proficient in these techniques.

5. Are there any potential risks or side effects of energy healing and Reiki?

There are generally no known risks or side effects of energy healing and Reiki. However, some people may experience emotional release or physical sensations during a session. It is also important to note that energy healing and Reiki should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment, and individuals should always consult with their healthcare provider before beginning any new healing practice.