What is the relationship between time and space in the context of space science?

• Thread starter Zeal Faust
  • Start date
In summary, time and space are closely intertwined in the context of space science. Time is a fundamental aspect of our understanding of space, as it is through the measurement of time that we are able to track and study the movements and interactions of celestial objects. Furthermore, the concepts of space and time are interconnected through the theories of relativity, which explain how the fabric of space-time can be warped and distorted by massive objects. The study of space also provides us with a unique perspective on the concept of time, as we are able to observe distant galaxies and stars at various stages of their development, giving us insight into the evolution of the universe over billions of years. Ultimately, the relationship between time and space is essential in our understanding of the universe
Zeal Faust
How did you find PF?
Well just simply searched it, why did I search for it? I wanted to learn more, no, well as much as I can about space science, I love Space and its mystery, but...Well, reality didn't let me go in this field.
oh and i heard there were many Forum related to Astrophysics so i just got the best result on google.
Well, I am new here, But Let me confirm one thing I am really confused about, Is Time really a 4th axis? Is time not what we know? No well what is time anyway? In Space, time is different from earth, a lot more different, Near black holes, they say time is almost frozen...Anyhow, I am confused what is Time and space's relation?

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome:!

You should also have a look at our many insight blog articles. I'm sure you will find a lot to learn if you search for "time". Stay curious and have fun!

Likes Zeal Faust
Me too, I've cataloged transit with faraway stars using citizen science. Particularly on the Zooniverse site.