What is the rationale behind quantum theory and the afterlife?

In summary, there are people who claim to have proof of the afterlife using quantum theory, but this is not supported by any actual scientific evidence. Additionally, there are concerns about the hijacking of scientific theories to support personal beliefs. This topic is considered inappropriate for this forum.
eisenfaust
This really bugs me as people like Dinesh D'souza, Deepak Chopra and many other "spiritual scientists" claim that using quantum theory, they have evidence or proof of the afterlife.

I really would like you guys' insight into this theory. I am personally agnostic but would rather not have this be true as it gives no meaning in this life whatsoever and also the fear of the unknown afterlife(heaven/hell?).

Please, i have no knowledge of quantum mechanics but i have looked into videos of M-theory string theory, dark matter etc.

With your reasoning please tell me what you guys know.

thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have watched the video. He didn't mention anything about QM. But if God exists, then he better have well defined momentum or he is incompatible with QM.

eisenfaust said:
This really bugs me as people like Dinesh D'souza, Deepak Chopra and many other "spiritual scientists" claim that using quantum theory, they have evidence or proof of the afterlife.
They don't. If they say that they do, they haven't got a clue what quantum theory is, or what science is for that matter.

You might want to take a look at the forum rules. This topic is clearly inappropriate for this forum.

It's funny how all kinds of people hijack a theory they often don't understand to make their ideas seem more plausible.

It's not like they can use a theory they do understand. (If they understand it, they also understand that it doesn't support their beliefs). :smile:

My favorite example of how to rationalize something dumb with something just as dumb is when dowsing rods are used to detect Curry lines or something else that doesn't exist. If you're going to detect something that doesn't exist, you have to use a device that doesn't work.

Fredrik said:
This topic is clearly inappropriate for this forum.
Agreed. Thread locked.

Related to What is the rationale behind quantum theory and the afterlife?

1. What is the basis for quantum theory's link to the afterlife?

Quantum theory is a scientific framework that explains the behavior of particles at a subatomic level. It suggests that particles can exist in multiple states simultaneously, known as superposition, and that their behavior is probabilistic rather than deterministic. This idea of multiple states and probabilities has been used by some to speculate about the possibility of an afterlife, where our consciousness may exist in a similar state of superposition.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the connection between quantum theory and the afterlife?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the idea that quantum theory can explain or prove the existence of an afterlife. While quantum theory is a well-established and widely accepted scientific theory, the concept of an afterlife is a philosophical or spiritual belief that falls outside the realm of scientific study.

3. Can quantum theory explain the mechanics of the afterlife?

No, quantum theory does not provide any explanation or understanding of the mechanics of an afterlife. It is simply a scientific theory that describes the behavior of particles at a subatomic level. The concept of an afterlife is not something that can be studied or explained using scientific methods.

4. Does quantum theory support the idea of consciousness surviving after death?

Quantum theory does not directly support or deny the idea of consciousness surviving after death. As mentioned earlier, it is a scientific theory that does not address the concept of an afterlife. However, some individuals have used the theory to support their beliefs in an afterlife, but this is a matter of personal interpretation rather than scientific fact.

5. How does quantum theory relate to the concept of time in the afterlife?

Quantum theory does not have any direct relation to the concept of time in the afterlife. The theory deals with the behavior of particles at a subatomic level and has no bearing on the concept of time or the afterlife. Time is a philosophical and scientific concept that is still not fully understood, and its relation to the afterlife is a matter of personal belief rather than scientific evidence.