What is the order to read those string theory books?

Tong's notes would serve as a good primer before diving into any of the standard texts on the subject. However, if you are looking for a review of the standard texts, Tong's work has a helpful overview in the first few pages.
fxdung
Please hint me the order in time to read those String Theory books:Zwiebach,Polchinski,Hatfield,Kaku,Green-Schwarz-Witten,West,Johnson(D-Branes),David Tong(lecture on String Theory dampt).

Physics news on Phys.org
I have many of these books and would personally read Tong's notes as a primer before any serious standard text on the subject.

What about the other books than Tong's?

I would refer you to Tong again. He has a nice review of the standard texts in the first page or two of his work.

fxdung said:
Please hint me the order in time to read those String Theory books:Zwiebach,Polchinski,Hatfield,Kaku,Green-Schwarz-Witten,West,Johnson(D-Branes),David Tong(lecture on String Theory dampt).
A reasonable order would be: Tong, Zwiebach, Hatfield, GSW, Polchinski, Kaku, West, Johnson

Related to What is the order to read those string theory books?

1. What is string theory?

String theory is a theoretical framework in physics that attempts to explain the fundamental nature of particles and their interactions. It proposes that the particles in the universe are not point-like entities, but rather tiny vibrating strings.

2. What are the main books to read about string theory?

Some of the most popular and influential books on string theory include "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, "The Hidden Reality" by Leonard Susskind, and "The Cosmic Landscape" by Leonard Susskind and Raphael Bousso.

3. Is there a specific order in which I should read these books?

There is no specific order in which you should read these books. However, it is recommended to start with "The Elegant Universe" as it provides a good introduction to the concepts of string theory. From there, you can move on to more advanced books.

4. Are there any prerequisites for understanding string theory?

To fully understand string theory, it is helpful to have a background in advanced mathematics and physics. However, many introductory books on string theory are written in a way that is accessible to readers without a strong scientific background.

5. Can I learn string theory solely from reading these books?

Reading books on string theory can give you a good understanding of the concepts and ideas behind it, but it is important to note that string theory is a complex and constantly evolving field. It is recommended to also supplement your reading with lectures, online courses, and discussions with experts in the field.