What is the Optimum Speed for Riding on a Wall of Death?

• Thread starter VintageWallofDeath
  • Start date
In summary, the optimum speed for riding on a Wall of Death depends on various factors such as the size of the wall, the rider's skill and experience, and the type of motorcycle being used. Generally, speeds between 25-35 mph are considered safe and allow for maximum control and performance. However, some experienced riders may go up to 45 mph for a more thrilling experience. It is important for riders to find their own comfortable and safe speed, while also considering the specific requirements of each performance.
VintageWallofDeath
I am going to have a few questions to help with my research into the Wall of Death. I have the only riders database in the world and sadly the media believes speed is important, In fact quite the opposite, the most impressive riders are the ones that ride slowest. I have been told I ride too fast and yet it is a common belief that 26mph is the optimum speed to maintain traction on a motorcycle on an average sized wall of between 9m or 10m, I am therefore interested to find out more and sort the equations once and for all.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums!

The best place to ask your questions here is probably the General Physics forum:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/general-physics.111/

More physics-knowledgeable members follow that forum than this one (New Member Introductions), so you're much more likely to get help there.