What is the Excitement Surrounding the Upcoming Monopoly Competition?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Contest
In summary, a community event is being held at this hotel, and there will be a MONOPOLY competition. My god, there is a God! There are also prizes.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Yes, you heard it right, I saw a news advertisement (community events) saying there will be a MONOPOLY competition at this hotel... My god... there is a God!

i didnt get hte time or date though :( I love monopoly and if you don't, you're un-american.

And a terrorist.

Theres going to be prizes too :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I WANNA GO!

on another note, i think my computer is possesed. I turn it on today and every minute or so, I'd hear a random 1/4second blurb of what sounds like a womans voice or something. Weird.

Physics news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
i think my computer is possesed. I turn it on today and every minute or so, I'd hear a random 1/4second blurb of what sounds like a womans voice or something. Weird.
I'm just testing my new powers. :devil:

Evo's stealing my computer

Evo said:
I'm just testing my new powers. :devil:
Be nice - what the Russ giveth, the Russ can taketh away. :biggrin:

russ_watters said:
Be nice - what the Russ giveth, the Russ can taketh away. :biggrin:
Sounds like I need to make another sacrifice to the almighty Russ. :biggrin:

btw, thanks for the new powers, I think it's getting to pengwuino

The voices, the voices!

Pengwuino said:
on another note, i think my computer is possesed. I turn it on today and every minute or so, I'd hear a random 1/4second blurb of what sounds like a womans voice or something. Weird.

My computer's speakers were acting up like that for a while too. I figured out eventually that somehow, my speakers were picking up a local AM radio station. :confused: :confused: Usually it was accompanied by a slow crescendoed drone from the subwoofer.

I fixed the speakers by hitting it. It stopped the voices. :biggrin:

Anyone know why this happens?

Well it turns out my TV Tuner software was like... kinda running but kinda broken... so it was still grabbing sound every once in a while because it wasn't fully closed.

Pengwuino said:
Well it turns out my TV Tuner software was like... kinda running but kinda broken... so it was still grabbing sound every once in a while because it wasn't fully closed.

That might have been it. It probably wasn't exactly AM radio, it just sounded that way (or perhaps it was, not sure). On that computer I had a TV Tuner card and it was also malfunctioning, but it never grabbed sound at all.

Related to What is the Excitement Surrounding the Upcoming Monopoly Competition?

1. What is the "Oh my god a monopoly contest"?

The "Oh my god a monopoly contest" is a popular online competition that involves playing the classic board game, Monopoly. Participants compete against each other to win prizes and bragging rights.

2. How do I enter the "Oh my god a monopoly contest"?

To enter the contest, you will need to follow the instructions provided by the contest organizers. This usually involves signing up on their website, following them on social media, or completing a specific task related to the contest.

3. Is there a fee to enter the "Oh my god a monopoly contest"?

No, there is typically no fee to enter the contest. However, some contests may require you to purchase the Monopoly game in order to participate.

4. How is the winner of the "Oh my god a monopoly contest" determined?

The winner of the contest is usually determined by a random draw or by the highest score in the game. The specific rules for determining the winner will be outlined by the contest organizers.

5. Can I participate in the "Oh my god a monopoly contest" more than once?

It depends on the rules set by the contest organizers. Some contests may allow multiple entries, while others may limit participants to only one entry. Make sure to read the rules carefully before entering the contest.

Back