What is the Evil Kinevil Ramp and How Does it Connect France and the UK?

• Thread starter linuxux
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Trains Uk
In summary, the conversation discussed the transportation options from Paris to London, specifically the train that runs between the two cities. It was confirmed that the train uses an underground tunnel known as the Channel Tunnel or Euro Tunnel, commonly referred to as the chunnel. The conversation also briefly touched on a potential bridge connecting the UK to Europe, but it was clarified that the chunnel is the main mode of transportation. The conversation also referenced a ramp used by Evil Knievel for a stunt over the English Channel.
linuxux
Hey people,

A little question. I know France has trains running from Paris to London England. I was wondering if anyone knew if that train uses some type of underground tunnel or if it uses a bridge and what the name of it is?

I've tried looking for it but its a difficult subject to search, Anyway, thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Trains from USA to the UK

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/engineering/transatlantictunnel/interactive/interactive.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh! Thanks!

seriously? a bridge from UK to Europe?! Now that would be cool. :smile:

Not bridge.

I love it when americans say "London England".

Greg Bernhardt said:
Yes it's call the Chunnel

Isn't that some kind of beer bong? I never heard it called the chunnel.

There's also the Evil Kinevil ramp

450px-Collapsed_Kinzua_Bridge.jpg

Located on a 35 degree slope facing the English Channel, situated three quarters of a mile above sea level, trains achieve speeds of 220 miles per hour before launching off the ramp and remaining airborne for upwards of five minutes before landing safely on the French side of the channel

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_Kinevil_Ramp

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to What is the Evil Kinevil Ramp and How Does it Connect France and the UK?

1. How long does it take to travel by train from France to the UK?

The duration of the train journey from France to the UK depends on the specific route and stops, but the average travel time is around 2-3 hours. The fastest route is the Eurostar train, which takes only 2 hours and 15 minutes from Paris to London.

2. What is the cost of a train ticket from France to the UK?

The cost of a train ticket from France to the UK varies depending on the time of year, specific route, and class of travel. On average, a one-way ticket can range from 50-150 euros. It is recommended to book in advance to get the best deals and prices.

3. Are there any direct trains from France to the UK?

Yes, there is a direct train from Paris to London operated by Eurostar. However, there are also indirect routes that require a change of trains in other cities such as Brussels or Lille.

4. Do I need a passport to travel by train from France to the UK?

Yes, a valid passport is required for all travelers, regardless of nationality, to travel by train from France to the UK. Passports will be checked before boarding the train and upon arrival at the destination.

5. What are the amenities and services available on trains from France to the UK?

The Eurostar train from France to the UK offers comfortable seats, free Wi-Fi, power outlets, and a bar/buffet car for food and drinks. Some trains also have first-class options with additional amenities such as meals and lounge access.