What is the discount on the 14 pizza at my favorite pizza store?

• Thread starter powergirl
  • Start date
In summary, the store is offering a 10% discount on the large 14" pizza, making it specially priced at $11.
powergirl
The 8" pizza sells for $ 3.99 at my favorite pizza store. The store claims they have a great deal on the large 14" pizza, which is specially priced at $ 11. What is the per cent discount the store is offering?​
:bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
Edited:: 75% off.

Last edited:
edit: Blah

Last edited:
Well I guess she logged off, but that was interesting.

Not correct...

About 9.98% off.

10% off give or take

10%

Kurdt said:
10% off give or take

CORRECT!
Here goes the
Solution:

The small pizza has a diameter of 8" and therefore an area proportional to 82.

The large pizza has a diameter of 14" and therefore an area proportional to 142.

If the pizzas are priced in accordance with their areas, then

Price of large pizza / Price of small pizza = (14 / 8)2 = 3.06 or

Price of large pizza = 3.06 x 3.99 = 12.2.

Thus, Discount on large pizza = [1 - (11 / 12.2)] x 100 = 10 %.

Related to What is the discount on the 14 pizza at my favorite pizza store?

What is the discount on the 14" pizza at my favorite pizza store?

The discount on the 14" pizza at your favorite pizza store may vary depending on the current promotions and discounts offered by the store. It is best to check the store's website or ask a staff member for the specific discount on the 14" pizza.

How often does the discount on the 14" pizza change?

The discount on the 14" pizza at your favorite pizza store may change periodically, depending on the store's promotions and discounts. It is best to check the store's website or ask a staff member for the current discount on the 14" pizza.

Is the discount on the 14" pizza applicable for all toppings?

The discount on the 14" pizza at your favorite pizza store may or may not be applicable for all toppings. Some stores may offer a discount on all toppings, while others may only offer a discount on select toppings. It is best to check the store's website or ask a staff member for the specific details of the discount on the 14" pizza.

Can the discount on the 14" pizza be combined with other offers?

The discount on the 14" pizza at your favorite pizza store may or may not be combinable with other offers. Some stores may allow you to combine the discount with other promotions or discounts, while others may have restrictions. It is best to check the store's website or ask a staff member for the specific details of the discount and its combinability with other offers.

How can I redeem the discount on the 14" pizza at my favorite pizza store?

The process of redeeming the discount on the 14" pizza at your favorite pizza store may vary. Some stores may require a promo code or coupon, while others may automatically apply the discount at checkout. It is best to check the store's website or ask a staff member for the specific details on how to redeem the discount on the 14" pizza.