What is the current understanding of the infinite universe?

• Thread starter SpaceJump
  • Start date
In summary, the current understanding of the infinite universe is that it is constantly expanding and contains an infinite amount of space and matter. The concept of infinity is difficult for humans to comprehend, but through observations and theories such as the Big Bang and dark energy, scientists have been able to gain a better understanding of the vastness and complexity of the universe. However, there is still much to be explored and discovered about the infinite expanse of our universe.
SpaceJump
How did you find PF?
google search
Hello there! I hope you're doing well. I'm a programmer and I love technology, especially AI (it's super cool!). When I was a kid I had this thin book with just a few pages that summarized the existing universe, and it would make me dizzy trying and imagining a vast space that went on forever and ever and ever... lol. So, it's been many years now, but I've recently had the time to explore a little more of that universe, and despite the availability of vast information online, I'm still looking for answers to a few of my questions, and those answers might yield more questions, for all I know, and so here I am, to ask a few questions and to question a few answers, so please bear with me. Nice to meet you all! :)

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. :smile: