What is the connection between geology and physics?

• Thread starter JuniorAlcala
  • Start date
In summary, geology and physics are closely intertwined fields of study that both seek to understand the natural world. While geology focuses on the Earth's structure, history, and processes, physics examines the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy. The two disciplines overlap in areas such as seismology, which uses physics to study the movement of the Earth's tectonic plates, and geophysics, which applies physical principles to study the Earth's interior. Additionally, the study of geological materials, such as rocks and minerals, often involves understanding their physical properties and how they interact with energy and forces. Overall, the connection between geology and physics highlights the interconnectedness of the natural world and the importance of interdisciplinary approaches
JuniorAlcala
I’m new to physics forum just call me junior I’m not really in school for Physics I’m majoring in geology. Almost done but I like to learn about different subjects such as in this case physics I’ve only read about physics and astrophysics subjects certain but there are some that fascinate me a lot more than others not going into specifics. Anyways nice to meet anyone who reads and comments on this.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum

Likes JuniorAlcala