What is going on with the UK aerospace sector.

In summary, the conversation is about someone in the UK seeking advice on finding a job. They mention reading an article about the job market and ask if they should switch sectors or look for jobs in other geographic areas. They express their preference to stay at home but have not had success in their job search so far. They ask if anyone has suggestions for other places to look.
PhoenyxRising
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone in the UK could give me a little advice. I've just read an article from thehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8092950.stm" ? Or go into a completely new sector.

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's happening all over, not just in the UK. What needs to be done depends entirely on your situation. Looking for jobs in other geographic areas is usually the first step. Looking at jobs in other sectors is usually the second.

Either of which would be perfectly fine for me,

Altho Id prefer to stay at home but all the avenues i have tried so far have come up as dead ends.

Does anyone know where else i might look?

Related to What is going on with the UK aerospace sector.

1. What is the current state of the UK aerospace sector?

The UK aerospace sector is currently facing challenges due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which has resulted in a decrease in air travel and demand for new aircraft. Additionally, Brexit has also impacted the sector, causing uncertainty and potential disruptions to supply chains.

2. How has the UK aerospace sector been affected by COVID-19?

The UK aerospace sector has been significantly impacted by COVID-19, with major aerospace companies such as Rolls-Royce and Airbus announcing job cuts and reduced production rates. The decrease in air travel has also led to a decrease in demand for new aircraft, further affecting the sector.

3. Has the UK aerospace sector been impacted by Brexit?

Yes, Brexit has had an impact on the UK aerospace sector. The uncertainty and potential disruptions to supply chains have caused concerns for companies operating in the sector. Additionally, the end of the transition period in 2020 has resulted in changes to regulations and trade agreements, which could have further implications for the sector.

4. Are there any new developments or innovations in the UK aerospace sector?

Despite the challenges faced by the UK aerospace sector, there have been some new developments and innovations. For example, there is a growing focus on sustainability and reducing carbon emissions, with companies investing in research and development of new technologies to achieve this. There is also a push towards digitalization and automation in manufacturing processes.

5. What is being done to support the UK aerospace sector during this time?

The UK government has announced several measures to support the aerospace sector during this challenging time. This includes financial support for companies, such as loans and grants, as well as initiatives to promote sustainability and innovation in the sector. The government is also working with industry leaders to address the impact of Brexit and ensure the continued success of the UK aerospace sector.