What is Bose-Einstein Condensate and Why is it Important?

In summary, the speaker is seeking help and advice for a project about a new and important modern subject that they have to present in 3 weeks. They are part of a group, but feel they are the only one working on it. They are struggling with how to concentrate on the basics of the subject in a 10-minute presentation when they need half an hour to fully explain it. They thank the person for their advice and ask for permission to use their previous replies on the topic.
moe_3_moe
hey guys i see that it is a new modern subject we never talked about it ... what do u think ? i have to represent a project about it in 3 weeks and it is a big subject and so important ... let's discess it

Physics news on Phys.org
There are dozens of threads here that discuss BECs. Please search the forums first.

moe_3_moe said:
hey guys i see that it is a new modern subject we never talked about it ... what do u think ? i have to represent a project about it in 3 weeks and it is a big subject and so important ... let's discess it

Actually, it is YOUR project and YOU are the one who have to discuss it. The rest of us can only correct and add to what you do, or else we'd be doing your work.

Zz.

thank u for ur interest ... and for ur advice but believe me i just ask for help and i am in a group of 6 persons and i am the only one working and i am taking 7 courses in this semester ... but i am doing my best ... it is a big subject so i am lost on what to concentrate my time allowed for presentation is only 10 minutes and i need half an hour to let the audience understand just the basics...anyway thanks for the advice ..take care u have great posts...and i may take ur 2 replies about that topic... do i have permission?

Related to What is Bose-Einstein Condensate and Why is it Important?

1. What is Bose-Einstein condensate?

Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC) is a unique state of matter that occurs at extremely low temperatures near absolute zero. It is a superfluid, meaning it has zero viscosity and can flow without any resistance.

2. Who discovered Bose-Einstein condensate?

Bose-Einstein condensate was first predicted by Satyendra Nath Bose and Albert Einstein in 1924-1925. However, it was not experimentally observed until 1995 by a team of scientists led by Eric Cornell and Carl Wieman.

3. How is Bose-Einstein condensate created?

Bose-Einstein condensate is created by cooling a gas of bosons (particles with integer spin) to temperatures close to absolute zero. This causes the bosons to lose their individual identities and merge into a single entity, forming the BEC.

4. What are the properties of Bose-Einstein condensate?

Bose-Einstein condensate has several unique properties, including superfluidity, coherence, and macroscopic occupation of a single quantum state. It also has a characteristic wavelength known as the healing length, which determines its behavior and interactions with other particles.

5. What are the potential applications of Bose-Einstein condensate?

Bose-Einstein condensate has potential applications in quantum computing, precision measurements, and simulation of complex physical systems. It can also be used to study fundamental physics concepts such as quantum entanglement and superfluidity.