What is a Streamlined Design Engine and How Does it Improve Fuel Economy?

• Thread starter delta_mu
  • Start date
In summary, a streamlined design engine is a car engine that has been designed with a reduced air resistance in order to improve fuel economy. This is achieved through the use of a wind-tunnel to shape the car's exterior and reduce the car's energy loss due to "frictional" forces. Additionally, other design improvements, such as reducing the weight and number of components, are also used to make the engine more efficient and accessible. The term "streamlined" can also be used more broadly to refer to any process or operation that has been made smoother.
delta_mu
I Have A Puzzling Question!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A STREAMLINED DESIGN ENGINE IS AND HOW IT IMPROVES THE FUEL ECONOMY.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm assuming you are in the "energy" chapter of your texbook?

"Streamline designed" is referring to the shape of the car (not the engine) which was designed with the use of a wind-tunnel. The result is a reduction of air resistance on the car. This means less of the car's energy is lost to "fricitonal" forces. So therefore more of the car's fuel energy remains as ... (you know)

Thanks a lot. That helped so much.

Ahem it might very well be respective of recent design improvements that are following racing technologies inasmuch as the intake manifolds are polished to un-restrict airflow, many design features are to improve (by reduction) the motors weight, reduce the number of components (other then the computerized pieces that have been added) as to make the processes of assembly, design, (itself) and repair, more efficient and accessable...

Streamlined doesn't just refer to airflow principals it is and can be used as a general term for making processes smoother, making operation smoother, that kinda thing...

Related to What is a Streamlined Design Engine and How Does it Improve Fuel Economy?

What does "I Have A Puzzling Question" mean?

"I Have A Puzzling Question" is a phrase that typically indicates that someone has a question that they are struggling to find the answer to. It could also suggest that the question is complex or difficult to understand.

Why is it important to have a puzzling question?

Having a puzzling question can lead to critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It can also spark curiosity and encourage individuals to seek out answers and learn more about a particular topic.

What should I do if I have a puzzling question?

If you have a puzzling question, the best thing to do is to research and gather information about the topic. You can also discuss it with others and seek out their perspectives and insights. It can also be helpful to break the question down into smaller, more manageable parts.

How can I find the answer to a puzzling question?

Finding the answer to a puzzling question often requires critical thinking and research. You can start by looking for reliable sources of information and analyzing the information you find. It can also be helpful to discuss the question with others and seek out their perspectives and knowledge.

What are some examples of puzzling questions in science?

Puzzling questions in science can vary greatly depending on the specific field or topic. Some examples include "What causes gravity?" in physics, "How do species evolve?" in biology, and "Why is the universe expanding?" in astronomy.