What is a great book for completing Algebra and trigonometry?

In summary, the individual is planning to take algebra 2 and trigonometry after completing high school geometry. They are considering whether to take the courses together or separately and are seeking recommendations for textbooks for self-studying. The suggestion is made to search for Schaum's Outlines and read articles by @micromass on studying math. The individual has also decided to use Serge Lang's Basic Mathematics textbook.
Patrick Nguyen
Once I complete high school geometry, I am planning to take algebra 2 and trigonometry next. I am asking if there are good textbooks out there that provide a full course of algebra 2 and trigonometry. Or should I take these two courses separately? By the way, I am self-studying.

Physics news on Phys.org
Serge Lang: Basic Mathematics

I looked over the contents of Serge Lang's book that you recommended and I think that I am going to use it! Also, thank you ElectricRay for giving me the article!

Related to What is a great book for completing Algebra and trigonometry?

1. What is the best book for learning Algebra and Trigonometry?

The best book for learning Algebra and Trigonometry will depend on the individual's learning style and level of understanding. However, some popular options include "Algebra and Trigonometry" by Ron Larson and "Precalculus" by James Stewart and Lothar Redlin.

2. How do I choose the right book for me?

When choosing a book for completing Algebra and Trigonometry, it is important to consider your current level of understanding, preferred learning style, and the book's approach to teaching the subject. You may also want to read reviews and ask for recommendations from teachers or peers.

3. Do I need to have a strong math background to use these books?

While having a strong math background can be helpful, these books are designed to teach Algebra and Trigonometry from the ground up. They usually start with the basics and gradually progress to more advanced concepts, making them suitable for beginners.

4. Can I use these books as a self-study resource?

Yes, these books can be used as a self-study resource. However, it is recommended to have a teacher or tutor to guide you through the material and provide additional support when needed.

5. Are there any online resources that can supplement these books?

Yes, there are many online resources available that can supplement these books. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Mathisfun, and Wolfram Alpha. These resources can provide additional practice problems, explanations, and visual aids to help reinforce the concepts learned from the books.