What happens when an observer approaches a black hole's event horizon?

• Thread starter Roberto Pavani
  • Start date
In summary, when an observer approaches a black hole's event horizon, they will experience extreme gravitational pull and time dilation. As they get closer, the gravitational pull increases, causing their body and any objects with them to stretch and become distorted. Time also appears to slow down for the observer, making it seem as though they are frozen in time. Eventually, as they cross the event horizon, they will be pulled into the black hole's singularity, where the laws of physics as we know them break down. This process is known as spaghettification and is the result of the intense gravitational forces near a black hole's event horizon.
Roberto Pavani
How did you find PF?
Google search
My name is Roberto and I'm interested in Physics, Electronics, Computer science.
Since I had curiosity about black holes, I subscribed this forum in order to share doubt and ideas about physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Roberto Pavani said:
How did you find PF?: Google search

My name is Roberto and I'm interested in Physics, Electronics, Computer science.
Since I had curiosity about black holes, I subscribed this forum in order to share doubt and ideas about physics.
I saw your first post on black holes. If you want to tell us that physics books are all wrong and you have the correct answers, then you've come to the wrong place.

You can learn about black holes and general relativity here, but this is not a site to promote your own personal ideas.

Likes phinds and berkeman