What Happened to the eBay Listing for the Stephen Hawking ZERO-G Experience?

In summary, someone is auctioning a flight with Stephen Hawking for $21,000. If you bid, all the proceeds go to Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation.
rewebster
To quote S. R. Haddon to Ellie Arroway from "Contact":

"They still want an American to go, Doctor. Wanna take a ride?"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fly-with-Stephen-Hawking-on-The-ZERO-G-Experience-4-26_W0QQitemZ180097370187QQcategoryZ16071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow.

The current bidder when I checked, bidded $21,000 to be weightless with Steven Hawking!

Someone's making some money on this!

"100% of the proceeds from this auction will benefit Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation."

www.starlight.org

What I find interesting is not that the bid is $21.3k--

-what I find interesting is that over 47000 have viewed the auction

(number near bottom of page)

(From what I've seen, the average for the 'viewed' on a general item may be around 50-150)

probably got listed on digg or fark

rewebster said:
"100% of the proceeds from this auction will benefit Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation."

www.starlight.org

Cool, guess I should pay more attention.

rewebster said:

www.starlight.org
Starlight Starbright is a wonderful foundation! :!)

I hope they get a lot of money on this!

It is up to 25K now

A flight without Steven is only $3500, I thought it would be more.
It is going for a good cause so, get bidding.

GedankenExperiment:

If you had a chance to choose an 'experience' (let's not get too weird here) with someone-----

who (someone that is still living) would it be?

what would it be?

and,

how much would you pay for the experience?

I went through a few before deciding that I would like to meet with Professor Sheldon Glashow for a day and I'd give a week's pay for the meeting.

rewebster said:
GedankenExperiment:

If you had a chance to choose an 'experience' (let's not get too weird here) with someone-----

who (someone that is still living) would it be?

what would it be?

and,

how much would you pay for the experience?

http://www.ettoremajorana.it/Majorana/index.html" in the case he is still around.:cool:
There's not much of a real chance for our meeting to take place but he would be my first pick.

Price?Well,I wouldn't mind spending $50 000 for one hour chatting with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
tehno said:
http://www.ettoremajorana.it/Majorana/index.html" in the case he is still around.:cool:
There's not much of a real chance for our meeting to take place but he would be my first pick.

Price?Well,I wouldn't mind spending $50 000 for one hour chatting with him.

Mrs. Houdini probably spent more than that with no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
MeJennifer said:
Starlight Starbright is a wonderful foundation! :!)

I hope they get a lot of money on this!

I think they should award one seat to a kid!

Well--it ended up good for the www.starlight.org --good for them

----------------------------------
I just clicked the link and---

the ended listing on ebay disappeared!

The end was over 70K ---I wonder what happened?--hmmm?

Last edited:

Related to What Happened to the eBay Listing for the Stephen Hawking ZERO-G Experience?

1. What is "A very Hawking experience"?

"A very Hawking experience" is a virtual reality simulation that allows users to experience the world through the eyes of renowned physicist Stephen Hawking. It recreates his perspective and allows users to explore the universe and learn about his groundbreaking theories.

2. How is this experience created?

The experience is created using advanced virtual reality technology, along with data and recordings of Stephen Hawking's voice and movements. It also incorporates visualizations of his theories and the universe based on scientific data.

3. Who can participate in this experience?

Anyone with access to virtual reality equipment can participate in this experience. It is designed for people of all ages and backgrounds who are interested in learning about Stephen Hawking's work and exploring the universe in a unique way.

4. What can users expect to learn from this experience?

Users can expect to learn about Stephen Hawking's life, his contributions to science, and his theories about the universe. They can also gain a better understanding of complex scientific concepts through interactive simulations and visualizations.

5. Is this experience scientifically accurate?

Yes, this experience is based on scientific data and theories developed by Stephen Hawking and other scientists. It aims to provide an accurate representation of his work and the universe, while also making it accessible and engaging for users.