What events led to the final gunshot?

In summary, Max Planck once said "As the [some scientific theory] cannot extend the time for this meeting, this meeting is adjourned." This quote is from the Solvay 1927 conference, a famous meeting of scientists including Planck and Albert Einstein. The quote is not directly related to the content of the conversation but is a famous quote in its own right.
bluemoonKY
I am trying to remember a quote I once read by Max Planck. Max Planck, Albert Einstein, and other scientists were at a meeting or convention regarding relativity or some other scientific theory. Planck said something like "As the [some scientific theory] cannot extend the time for this meeting, this meeting is adjourned."

Does anyone know of the quote I am asking about?

What is the exact quote by Max Planck?

What was the meeting?

Physics news on Phys.org
not sure of the quote but the solvay 1927 conference was very big.

This is a famous quote by Max Planck,

They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over. To make any kind of sense of it, I need to go back three years. Back to the night the pain started.

Related to What events led to the final gunshot?

1. Who is Max Planck?

Max Planck was a German physicist who is considered to be the father of quantum theory. He made significant contributions to the field of theoretical physics and won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.

2. What is the quote by Max Planck?

The most famous quote by Max Planck is "Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve."

3. What does the quote mean?

This quote reflects Planck's belief that there are limitations to what science can understand and explain about the natural world. He acknowledges that human beings are a part of this mystery and may never fully comprehend it.

4. How does this quote relate to quantum theory?

As the father of quantum theory, Planck's quote can be seen as a reflection of the mysterious and counterintuitive nature of quantum mechanics. It highlights the idea that our understanding of the universe is limited and there may always be unknown and unexplainable aspects to it.

5. What impact did Max Planck have on science?

Max Planck's contributions to the field of theoretical physics, particularly his work on quantum theory, revolutionized our understanding of the universe and paved the way for future discoveries in this field. His work continues to influence and inspire scientists today.