What equation can I use to find the value of L2?

• Thread starter khazaymeh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    L2 Value
It belongs in the algebra section.In summary, the conversation is discussing how to find the value of L2 when the values of m2, m1, and L1 are known and the conditions m2 < m1 and L2 < L1 are met. The equation abs(m2-m1)=abs(L2-L1) is mentioned and it is noted that there is no specific equation to find the solution, but rather it requires reasoning and understanding of the given conditions.
khazaymeh
Hi there,
I have the following thread:

1) m2 < m1 and L2 < L1

2) abs(m2-m1)=abs(L2-L1)

the values of m2, m1 and L1 are known, what equation can I use to find the value of L2?

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
khazaymeh said:
Hi there,
I have the following thread:

1) m2 < m1 and L2 < L1

2) abs(m2-m1)=abs(L2-L1)

the values of m2, m1 and L1 are known, what equation can I use to find the value of L2?

If m2 < m1, can you say anything about m2 - m1?

Similarly, if L2 < L1, what can you say about L2 - L1?

There's not some magic equation you use to find a solution - it's more about reasoning things out.

Mod note: This thread was moved from the General Math section.

Related to What equation can I use to find the value of L2?

1. What does L2 represent in the equation?

L2 represents the unknown value that you are trying to find using the equation.

2. What are the other variables in the equation?

The variables in the equation may vary depending on the specific equation being used, but some common variables include L1, the initial value; R, the rate of change; and t, the time.

3. Can this equation be used for any type of problem?

No, the equation is specific to the type of problem it was derived for. It may only be applicable to certain scenarios or systems.

4. How do I know if the equation is the right one to use?

You can determine if the equation is appropriate for your problem by understanding the variables involved and making sure they align with the problem you are trying to solve. It is also important to check the units of the variables to ensure they are consistent with your problem.

5. Are there any limitations to using this equation?

Yes, there may be limitations to using the equation such as assumptions made in its derivation, or certain conditions that must be met for the equation to be valid. It is important to understand these limitations before using the equation in a problem.