What does this essay topic exactly mean? (university application)

In summary, the question being asked is about the applicant's level of knowledge and experience in their chosen major of Physics for their application to Pusan National University. This information is important for the admissions committee to better understand the applicant's qualifications and potential for success in the program.
golu14
I'm applying for Pusan National University (Busan, South Korea) undergraduate admissions and Physics is my choice of major

the question they ask is:

Please describe how much have you learned about your intended major?

do they want to know my previous experience about learning Physics like have i studied it in high school etc. or they just want to ask WHY is Physics my choice of major?

Your help is appreciated (:

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a good question to ask a professor that is on the admissions committee.

They want to know your background in physics. Did you study at school? Did you study extra in your own time? That kind of thing.

Related to What does this essay topic exactly mean? (university application)

1. What is the purpose of an essay topic in a university application?

The essay topic in a university application is meant to provide the admissions committee with a deeper understanding of who you are as a person, beyond your academic achievements and test scores. It allows you to showcase your personality, values, and goals, and how they align with the university's mission and values.

2. How do I know if I have understood the essay topic correctly?

You can ensure that you have understood the essay topic correctly by carefully reading and analyzing it. Make sure to identify the key words and phrases and understand what they are asking you to do. It is also helpful to discuss the topic with others and get their perspectives to ensure that you have a well-rounded understanding of it.

3. What should I do if I am unsure about how to approach the essay topic?

If you are unsure about how to approach the essay topic, it is important to seek guidance from your university's writing center or a trusted professor or mentor. They can provide you with valuable insights and help you brainstorm ideas and structure your essay effectively.

4. Is it okay to interpret the essay topic in my own way?

While it is important to understand the essay topic correctly, it is also acceptable to interpret it in your own way. In fact, this can make your essay stand out and showcase your unique perspective and creativity. However, make sure that your interpretation still aligns with the overall purpose of the essay topic and addresses all the key points.

5. How much weight does the essay topic hold in the overall university application process?

The weight of the essay topic in the university application process can vary depending on the university and program. However, it is generally considered to be an important aspect of the application, as it allows the admissions committee to get to know you on a personal level and can make a significant impact on their decision. Therefore, it is important to take the essay topic seriously and put effort into crafting a well-written and thoughtful essay.