What does it take to get a scholarship to the MIT

In summary, the conversation is about obtaining a scholarship to MIT and the possibility of pursuing a Master's degree in electrical engineering there. It is mentioned that MIT only offers need-based scholarships, which are difficult to obtain, and there are outside organizations that offer scholarships as well. One person expresses their dream of studying at MIT, while another talks about their background and interest in physics.
abdo375
I just want to know what does it take to get a scholarship to the MIT
I read the the scholarship topic but I am specifically asking about MIT

and i want to know if I can get my MS in EE there ?

The problem is that I live in Egypt and here we don't have the whole electrical and computer engineering major we have it divided into three majors communication and electronics, computer engineering and power and control

I major in electronic and communication so does anyone know if i can get my MS
in MIT ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mostly i wasn't talking about the money i was talking about the SAT's and all that stuff

Simply because I hear it's the best

MIT doesn't do merit-based scholarships -- only need based. There are some outside organizations (such as the Gates scholarship), but those are EXTREMELY difficult to obtain.

Good luck.

hmm need based? in what sense?

if you're very poor but you could potentially be the next Einstein... Mit ain't cheap you know

MIT my dream land to learn physics.
i am a software engineer now after did my MCA. i have been placed in Cognizant Technology Solutions.
my curiosity to learn physics is drilling me ...

Related to What does it take to get a scholarship to the MIT

1. What are the academic requirements for a scholarship to MIT?

To be considered for a scholarship at MIT, applicants must have a strong academic record with challenging coursework in math, science, and other core subjects. They must also have high standardized test scores, particularly in math and science.

2. Do I need to have extracurricular activities to get a scholarship to MIT?

While having extracurricular activities can strengthen an application, they are not a requirement for a scholarship at MIT. However, showcasing leadership, community service, and other impactful experiences can make an applicant stand out.

3. Can international students receive scholarships to MIT?

Yes, international students are eligible for scholarships at MIT. However, financial aid for international students is limited, and they may need to demonstrate significant financial need to receive a scholarship.

4. Are there specific scholarships for certain majors at MIT?

Yes, there are scholarships specifically for students pursuing certain majors at MIT. These include the Charles and Jennifer Johnson Scholarship for students majoring in computer science, and the Koch Scholarship for students interested in entrepreneurship.

5. How competitive is it to receive a scholarship to MIT?

The competition for scholarships at MIT is extremely high, with only a small percentage of applicants receiving awards. However, meeting the academic and financial requirements, as well as showcasing unique experiences and achievements, can increase an applicant's chances of receiving a scholarship.