What Do You Do If You Were a Rock Star?

• Thread starter Zargawee
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a game where users ask and answer hypothetical questions starting with "What do you do if". The topics of the questions range from being a rock star, to being able to see the future, to living on Mars, and having control over the world. The conversation also includes some jokes and off-topic comments.
Strangely, I just noticed this:"...and still hasn't told us if they are male of female"
Yes, I am male of female, for even among zoobies there is nowhere else for males to come from other than females.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted/asked by the Male of Females that is known as zoobyshoe
What do you do if, while cleaning the toilet, the lid on the water tank slides back and what appears to be a very small Native American pokes his head up and says: "Hey! What did I tell you about vasectomies!?"
Ooooooooops! Obviously not enough!

What do you do if, a short native tells you about vasectomies, and not enough, such that, when you finish the job you started, you figure out, "Oooops tooooo much!"?

Originally pondered during some kind of incapacitating brain fog by Mr. Robin Parsons
What do you do if, a short native tells you about vasectomies, and not enough, such that, when you finish the job you started, you figure out, "Oooops tooooo much!"?
Unbolt the toilet from the floor, pack it in a crate and send it to the U.S. Bureau Of Diminutive Native Management.What do you do if, while you're innocently playing with squirting water into your ears and sending a voltage through your head from electrodes hooked to a common automotive battery you suddenly realize that if Arnold Schwarzenegger is elected governor of California there will be no more Terminator movies?

Originally quired by a slightly electric zoobyshoe
What do you do if, while you're innocently playing with squirting water into your ears and sending a voltage through your head from electrodes hooked to a common automotive battery you suddenly realize that if Arnold Schwarzenegger is elected governor of California there will be no more Terminator movies?
Cheer? Um, No ,um, I mean, wait! I didn't go yet, seeing as there is not enough voltage in a car battery to do anything to you (amperage Yes, but you cannot access it) the idea of sticking electrodes into your ear while wet sounds appetizing, especially if it can cause the arousal of such thoughts, so it would be recomended that you make certain that both of your feet are in something like a bathtub, while performing this feat of stupidity, just to ensure that you become aware of the differences 'tween "voltage" and "amperage", but make certain that you do NOT tip the battery over as that will result in a very serious acid burn, perhaps resulting in you asking a really really dumb question, like this...

What do you do if while attempting to cause the arousal of the thoughts of Arnie no longer performing in "Terminator" movies, (he really was good in those wasn't he!) you slip, with the electrodes attached to your gonads, and fall into a bathtub of Battery Acid, losing your 'sucker' on the floor underneath the Tub?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
...the idea of sticking electrodes into your ear while wet sounds appetizing...
I feel it will be of interest to interpolate some real history here since my quetion was born of reading the following:

"Volta went on to seek electrical phenomena in other parts of the body, including the ear. In 1800 he attempted to stimulate the sensation of hearing electrically by connecting a battery to two metal rods, placing the rods in his ears and closing the switch. Not surprisingly, Volta received what he described as a `jolt in the head,' and a few moments later he heard `a noise like the boiling of thick soup.' The sensation was too disagreeable to bear many repetitions and Volta did not pursue this investigation."

Dumb. Next we meet Dumber and Dumberer:

"Later Ernst Weber, the German scientist who pioneered the study of physical sensations, tried to continue Volta's experiments, using his brother, Wilhelm as a guinea pig. Weber filled Wilhelm's ears with water and then inserted a pair of electrodes . When a current was passed through, young Wilhelm reported a light `that seemed to go right over my head,' but he heard no sound."

-Sound And Hearing
Life Science Library/Time Life Books, 1967

Sometimes truth is stupider than a stupid quetion.
What do you do if while attempting to cause the arousal of the thoughts of Arnie no longer performing in "Terminator" movies, (he really was good in those wasn't he!) you slip, with the electrodes attached to your gonads, and fall into a bathtub of Battery Acid, losing your 'sucker' on the floor underneath the Tub?
It's funny you should ask that question because recently, while crawling on all fours to answer the doorbell, I spilled the beaker of H2SO4 I was carrying and some really interesting fumes began to drift up from the carpet. The same thought occurred to me that would occur to anyone under these circumtances, which is that it might be interesting to call my versatile brother, Wilhelm and use him to soak up the spill. But since he is in a padded cell somewhere repeating the phrase "like a light going right over my head!' over and over, I proceeded toward the door intending to achieve the same goal using whoever might be out there ringing the bell.

What do you do if, in the above situation, the person at the door turns out to have no spongiform properties whatsoever?

Last edited:
Originally posted by an educating/educational zoobyshoe (with child)
It's funny you should ask that question because recently, while crawling on all fours to answer the doorbell, I spilled the beaker of H2SO4 I was carrying and some really interesting fumes began to drift up from the carpet. The same thought occurred to me that would occur to anyone under these circumtances, which is that it might be interesting to call my versatile brother, Wilhelm and use him to soak up the spill. But since he is in a padded cell somewhere repeating the phrase "like a light going right over my head!' over and over, I proceeded toward the door intending to achieve the same goal using whoever might be out there ringing the bell.

What do you do if, in the above situation, the person at the door turns out to have no spongiform properties whatsoever?
Use them as a central rod inside the carpeting as you roll it up into a tube, Then take the tube of carpeting outside, and attempt to sell it to the very next passerby, as a very large, (smuggled) Cuban cigar, pre-lit! (hence the smoke)

What do you do if you find yourself writting out longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer questions, but making even more sense, then ever before?

What do you do if you find yourself writting out longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer questions, but making even more sense, then ever before? [/B]

write longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer and longer questions to make even more sense.

And yet, Phoenix, you forgot something.

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
And yet, Phoenix, you forgot something.
Ditto zoobyshoe...

What do you do if you accuse someone of doing somehting, then find that you have done exactly the same thing?

What do you do if you accuse someone of doing somehting, then find that you have done exactly the same thing?

Feel Ashamed about that ...

What do you do if poeple changed Maths to make the result of (3 + 3) to equal 9 ?

Originally posted by Zargawee
What do you do if poeple changed Maths to make the result of (3 + 3) to equal 9 ?
Go back to school and, once again. learn the New math's! (been there, done that, got the T-shirt, wore it out through use and washing, replaced it with a new one, wore that one out too, cheese this is long...Hee hee...)

What do you do if you've been there, done that, got the T-shirt, wore it out through use and washing, replaced it with a new one, wore that one out too, and on, and on, and on?

What do you do if you've been there, done that, got the T-shirt, wore it out through use and washing, replaced it with a new one, wore that one out too, and on, and on, and on?
Invent a new fashion ... Get naked

What do you do if being naked become the newest fashion ?

What do you do if being naked become the newest fashion
Dress accordingly!

What doyou do if you observe zoobyshoe giving birth to his alien child, you have NO boiled water, the "baby" is crieing out for it's "mommie", zoobyshoe is passing out from the pain of childbirth, 911 has refused to assist, as they don't believe you when you tell them you have a man giving birth to an alien child, and all 'hades' is breaking out around you, literally, looking for their lost child??

Invent a new fashion ... Get naked

What do you do if being naked become the newest fashion ?

Push the envelope and wear clothes!

What do you do if clothes become outlawed?

Dress accordingly!

What doyou do if you observe zoobyshoe giving birth to his alien child, you have NO boiled water, the "baby" is crieing out for it's "mommie", zoobyshoe is passing out from the pain of childbirth, 911 has refused to assist, as they don't believe you when you tell them you have a man giving birth to an alien child, and all 'hades' is breaking out around you, literally, looking for their lost child??

You wake up and thank God it was just a dream.

My next question is on my previous post.

Originally posted by Mentat
What do you do if clothes become outlawed?
Start a new religion that circumvents that Law!

What do you do if in circumventing that law, you realize that you are the only person on the face of the planet, practising that religion?

I would transform myself into God, and make the whole planet full of sexy girls desiring my sexual attention.

What would you do if the RIAA sued you for sharing music online and you're dirt poor?

Originally posted by rdn98
What would you do if the RIAA sued you for sharing music online and you're dirt poor?
Ride your bicycle to Canada and hide out there, rescuing rabbits and frequenting libraries.What do you do if your homemade helicopter breaks down while you're hovering over area 51 taking photos of classified installations to send to Ivan Seeking and they confiscate the craft and start to reverse engineer it?

What do you do if your homemade helicopter breaks down while you're hovering over area 51 taking photos of classified installations to send to Ivan Seeking and they confiscate the craft and start to reverse engineer it?
Ask them if they liked the way I made it

What do you do if you were on Earth alone ?

What do you do if you were on Earth alone ?
There would be no one operating the power stations so my first concern would be to eat as much ice cream as possible before the coming ice cream famine took hold.What do you do if you are standing on a street corner ringing a bell with a bucket trying to collect donations to buy famed British neurologist, Oliver Sacks a pet cuttlefish and a colorblind, autistic boy with tourettes syndrome who is in the throes of a migraine aura tosses a wet ball of chewed up cardboard into your bucket?

Originally pondered, then written out, and asked, by zoobyshoe
What do you do if you are standing on a street corner ringing a bell with a bucket trying to collect donations to buy famed British neurologist, Oliver Sacks a pet cuttlefish and a colorblind, autistic boy with tourettes syndrome who is in the throes of a migraine aura tosses a wet ball of chewed up cardboard into your bucket?
Thank him deeply, and humbly, and then ask him if he would like to visit the laboratory of the Famed Neurologist, you know, just to "test it out" (wink Wink, nudge nudge)

What do you do if, you read the writting below...
Originally asked by Mr. Robin Parsons
What do you do if you observe zoobyshoe giving birth to his alien child, you have NO boiled water, the "baby" is crieing out for it's "mommie", zoobyshoe is passing out from the pain of childbirth, 911 has refused to assist, as they don't believe you when you tell them you have a man giving birth to an alien child, and all 'hades' is breaking out around you, literally, looking for their lost child??
...and you realize that this is NOT really the truth about zoobyshoe, but that IT IS really the Truth about Mr. Robin Parsons...HUH?

YEEEOOOOWWWWWW!
That hurts! (and don't ask me what orifice it was OK?)

Last edited:
B]...and you realize that this is NOT really the truth about zoobyshoe, but that IT IS really the Truth about Mr. Robin Parsons...HUH?[/B]
I thank you most humbly. Could I interest you in a tour of the Famed Neurologist's lab? Ya know. Just to "test it out"?When Mr. Robin Parsons goes completely off his rocker from participation in this thread will I be charged with criminal incitement of a nervous breakdown or will they realize I'm a half step behind him myself?

Originally oral'isted in an exhaust of warm moist bacterial outflow from the orifacial of a one (1) -zoobyshoe
When Mr. Robin Parsons goes completely off his rocker from participation in this thread will I be charged with criminal incitement of a nervous breakdown or will they realize I'm a half step behind him myself?
Didn't you know?? "they" are waiting outside your door, right now!

What do you do if while you were out, there had been a knocking at your door, and it was the lottery corporation "rapping in on you" to tell you that the recent "Win" of yours, was a factual mi$take, and you had to give it all back! right this second!?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons What do you do if while you were out, there had been a knocking at your door, and it was the lottery corporation "rapping in on you" to tell you that the recent "Win" of yours, was a factual mi$take, and you had to give it all back! right this second!?
Recent win? Recent win? Ah! I think you must be referring to the facsimile of a check for $10,000.00 that was non-negotiable until such time as I sent them $350.00 to cover the taxes on my winnings. Perhaps in your extreme poverty and lack of experience with this kind of scam you were erroneously conclusion-jumping. The scam has two major signs to watch out for: the first is that you receive an announcement of having won without having entered any contest. This does not happen in nature. The second, very stinky clue is that even though they claim you have won something it somehow is required that you must send them money to claim your prize. Here again, this does not actually happen in nature. Any taxes you might owe on your winnings is between you and the government. Likewise with delivery fees or whatever else they claim you must give them before you get your new cadillac, or computor, or $10,000.00.
As soon as they receive any money from you they become incommunicado you never receive your prize, and you must legally change your last name to "Sucker" in about 30% of the contiguous 48. An alcoholic person of my acquaitance (an actual person, not the Polish Aviator) repeatedly ignored my warnings as he was lead, step by step, over the phone through the progression from suspicion to greedy confidence until I found him drunk and mourning one day when he realized he'd been scammed. He considered himself poor and did a desperate thing to try and alleiviate it, which backfired, reminding me of where it says, somewhere or other, in the Bible, something like:Those that have not, what little they have will be taken from them. Those that have, more will be added unto them." By which I take it to be referring to a person's attitude; the more you appreciate what you have, the more will come to you. All of which we may consider a counterbalance to your serious rabbit story, in an otherwise amphigoric thread.
Which reminds me. A polish Aviator of my acquaintance once told me the harrowing tale of his encounter with a microburst while trying to land a 747 at O'Hare (Get it? Hare. Rabbit) international airport during a fitfull, ugly thunderstorm, an incident most memorable in his mind for the interruption it caused in his consumption of a beverage he considered to be of a higher priority than operating the plane, under most circumstances, but which, in this one, required him to use both hands to handle the controls, leaving him with none free to hold his martini. He claims it was his anger that this should be the case that stirred him to the superhuman strength it took to manhandle the plane up away from the runway where the microburst was trying to push it, and prevent a crash. He claims to this day that if he hadn't been so fond of drinking on the job 200 people would be dead.

In light of the facts of the above anecdote, was he coming or going?
(What do you do if...? of course, is what I meant to say.)

Originally flown in on a zoobyshoe H'airliner (Get it?? Hair/Hare/O'Hare?)
(SNIP) In light of the facts of the above anecdote, was he coming or going?
(What do you do if...? of course, is what I meant to say.) (SNoP)
Well zoobyshoes, you asked about being real close behind me once, so I'll let you in on a little secret in life, If the guy behind you is three feet away, turn around and run backwards cause then you will ALWAYS be in FRONT, of the guy, BEHIND you!...the answer to your question is..."out front"

What do you do if you forget to post a question, so you come back, on EDIT, to rectify the problemo, and that's the problemo?

What do you do if you forget to post a question, so you come back, on EDIT, to rectify the problemo, and that's the problemo?
It's funny you should ask that question because I once new an old lady who swallowed a fly...
What do you do if your [color=orange-red]Halloween pumpkin[/color] is defrostng, but you can neither remember how to bake an Halloween pumkin, nor where an Halloween pumpkin keeps its giblets when the time comes to make the gravy?

Last edited:
Q: What do you do if your Halloween pumpkin is defrosting, but you can neither remember how to bake an Halloween pumpkin, nor where an Halloween pumpkin keeps its giblets when the time comes to make the gravy?

A: Paint the pumpkin purple and set it out on the front porch.

HEY THERE ZOOBIE!

Q: What do you do if you have a purple alien in your refrigerator trying to turn on the lightbulb?

Originally posted by sandinmyears Q: What do you do if you have a purple alien in your refrigerator trying to turn on the lightbulb?
Not an uncommon problem, and I think the answer could be found in an adaptation of one or another of the means for repelling squirrels
from birdfeeders.What do you do if, having wired your refridgerator with high voltage squirrel repellors you can't sleep due to the constant interruption of the sound of gray space aliens being zapped?

What do you do if, having wired your refrigerator with high voltage squirrel repellers you can't sleep due to the constant interruption of the sound of gray space aliens being zapped?

A: Buy some earplugs and shut your bedroom door.

Q: What do you do if you titillate the tickle bones of all the tiny tellytubbies, but they still keep coming on TV?

Originally posted by sandinmyears
Q: What do you do if you titillate the tickle bones of all the tiny tellytubbies, but they still keep coming on TV?
Clearly it is the tickling they are attracted by, therefore try throwing the teletubbies through the torture transponder to thoroughly trivialize their troublesome tittering.What do you do if you happen to glance out the back window and see several burley geophysicists taking measurments without your permission?

tell them they are truly in an unmetrizbale hilbert cube.

what do you do if you are greeted by a hilbert cube containing a collective of infinitely evolved beings, of which God is a part, and they want to assimilate you not unlike the borg in the borg cube?

Originally posted by phoenixthoth
what do you do if you are greeted by a hilbert cube containing a collective of infinitely evolved beings, of which God is a part, and they want to assimilate you not unlike the borg in the borg cube?
Having encountered this very situation on numerous occasions I can only tell you that no preconcieved strategy will work and that you must rely on whatever wits are at your disposal.What do you do if if you begin to suspect the Halloween pumpkin you brought home may not be a pumpkin at all, but a gray space alien trojan horse?

my wits told me to allow my biological and technological distinctiveness be added to their own.

that happened to me once and once was enough. i reached in for the pumpkin giblets and out came the whole grey alien army. it nearly destroyed the universe i was working on at the time. but with the help of my recently assimilated infinitely evolved beings, i was able to not only kill off the alien army but also go back to a point in time in the universe i was working on in which they never came. i did the proper thing: i gave my pumpkin to unsuspecting kids greedily looking for candy. since my universe is separated from theirs by impenatrable 13-branes, i was safe. (or so i think...)

what do you do if you make a mistake that will directly result in God becoming malevolent but any attempt to fix the mistake will indirectly result in God becoming malevolent?

Last edited:
Originally posted by phoenixthoth what do you do if you make a mistake that will directly result in God becoming malevolent but any attempt to fix the mistake will indirectly result in God becoming malevolent?
If God ever became malevolent that would be a stuation where you had, like, TWO bad guys trying to rule the universe: the devil, and the super devil formerly known as God and there is no doubt there'd be a rumble over turf, so I think you personally wouldn't have much to worry about since they'd both be quite distracted by other things.What do you do if one of the astronauts who once walked on the moon send you an E-Mail on day saying he's been trying to find you for years because when he was strolling around the lunar landscape he happened to find your address book and has wanted to return it ever since?

i'd take back the address book and fight through the drunken amnesia remembering that one day i was an extra on some weird hollywood set where there were a lot of black curtains with white dots on them and this blue/white/green sphere in the background and some grey stuff on the ground. and i'd say to myself, "so THAT'S where i left it!"

what do you do if you take a roll full of pictures and when you get the film developed, they all have the phrase "don't make me destroy you" in black letters on a white background?