What Could Be Causing My Ride-On Mower to Fail to Start?

• Thread starter Snowy
  • Start date
In summary, the person has a Countax ride on mower and accidentally got off without turning off the engine, causing it to cut out automatically. Now, the mower won't start and there is no engine noise when turning the key. There may have been a cut out done to the starter solenoid and the safety may have killed the fuel flow or disabled the ignition. It's also possible that the blades are still in gear or the kill switch under the seat is faulty.
Snowy
hi. i have a countax ride on mower. i accidently got off it without turning the engine off, so it cuts out automatically (like it should do), but now it won't start, there's absolutly no engine noise wen i turn the key in the ignition. i was wondering wot people think might have happnd n how i culd fix it? thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
When you say "absolutely no engine noise" does that include the engine not even cranking? If it's not cranking, there must have been some sort of cut out done to the starter solenoid. I would think the safety would just kill the fuel flow to the engine, but perhaps more items get cut out.

Are you sure there's no kind of reset or something along those lines that you need to look at?

They usually disable the ignition. Are you sure you don't have the switch thrown that puts the blades in gear? Having this switch on will not allow the starter to turn.

Averagesupernova said:
They usually disable the ignition. Are you sure you don't have the switch thrown that puts the blades in gear? Having this switch on will not allow the starter to turn.
yeah its either that or the kill switch is faulty , the one under the seat..

its probably carberated so it kills the ignition instead... Like they said the switch under the seat is most likely faulty.

Last edited:

Related to What Could Be Causing My Ride-On Mower to Fail to Start?

What are the common problems with ride on mowers?

Some common problems with ride on mowers include engine issues, such as difficulty starting or stalling, transmission problems, steering issues, and blade or belt malfunctions.

Why is my ride on mower not starting?

There are several potential reasons why a ride on mower may not be starting, including a dead battery, clogged fuel filter, or a faulty starter motor. It is best to check these components first before seeking further assistance.

How do I troubleshoot a ride on mower that won't move?

If your ride on mower is not moving, check the transmission fluid levels and make sure the parking brake is not engaged. If these are not the issue, it could be a problem with the drive belt or a faulty transmission, which may require professional repair.

What is causing my ride on mower to make strange noises?

Strange noises coming from a ride on mower can be an indicator of a variety of issues. It could be a loose or damaged blade, a worn out belt, or a faulty engine component. It is best to stop using the mower and have it inspected by a professional to determine the cause.

How often should I maintain my ride on mower?

Regular maintenance is crucial for keeping your ride on mower in good working condition. It is recommended to have it serviced at least once a year, which includes changing the oil, air filter, spark plug, and sharpening the blades. It is also important to clean and inspect the mower after each use.