What can retired heavy construction engineers bring to the world of physics?

• Thread starter Grizz
  • Start date
In summary, retired heavy construction engineers can bring valuable skills and knowledge to the world of physics. With their expertise in building structures and understanding of complex systems, they can contribute to the design and construction of advanced equipment and facilities for physics research. Additionally, their experience in project management and problem-solving can be applied to experimental design and data analysis in the field of physics. Retired heavy construction engineers also possess a strong understanding of mechanics and materials, which can be beneficial in the development of new technologies and materials for physics applications. Overall, their unique skill set and experience make retired heavy construction engineers valuable assets to the world of physics.
Grizz
How did you find PF?
I found you through a machinist thread on another website.
I'm a retired heavy construction engineer, with a lifelong interest in physics. Thanks for having me here and I hope I can be of some help to someone, eventually. I'll try not to ask too many simple questions.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you.

Many members here are students, so don't fear asking simple questions.

Thanks Anorlunda, I appreciate it. Thank you also for the great advice. I'll definitely keep it in mind, and try not to be too shy.

Cool beans, @Grizz, maybe sometime you can teach us something about folded plate structure analysis 😌 , and welcome aboard PF . . .