What Bumper Sticker Best Represents You?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary: I don't know what that is. But it's cute.Anyway, this shirt has a cute heart with an arrow going through it. It's like a ♥. The shirt says "Math Chicks Rule." I like it a lot.
Loren Booda
What existent or putative bumper sticker would you most like to flaunt?

(I have even considered designing an LED display to make my own message manifest.)

Physics news on Phys.org
KISS MY AXLE

"Kill Bill"

With a penguin in the yellow suit and a hanzo sword at the end.

Saw a shirt like that, it was greatness.

I saw this sticker last week and ok, I'm a republican and all, but I laughed anyway:

"Frodo failed. Bush has the Ring."

:smile:

Math Is Hard said:
I saw this sticker last week and ok, I'm a republican and all, but I laughed anyway:

"Frodo failed. Bush has the Ring."

:smile:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Even I can laugh at that. Clever.

I've always wanted one written in backward letters for my front bumper (so the person in front of me can read it in their rearview mirror) that says, "Move over slowpoke!" or "The gas pedal is on the right." :biggrin: Not very funny, but would be very useful. There seem to be a lot of people around here who insist on driving 15 mph under the speed limit.

I can't remember any of the ones I've seen that I thought were really funny at the time.

Not really a bumper sticker but found on roadside signs throughout New Hampshire-
Common Sense For All

Andromeda321 said:
Not really a bumper sticker but found on roadside signs throughout New Hampshire-
Common Sense For All

:smile: If only it was as easy as telling people on road signs! :smile:

That axle thing has more of a chance, lol.

In Texas, bumper stickers aren't necessary, those pick up trucks with the shotguns mounted across the rear window say it all. :bugeye:

I like the bumper sticker that says "I hear voices...and they don''t like you".

I don't know about bumper stickers, but I have a shirt that says

[tex]\int_{10}^{13}2x dx?[/tex]

Chrono said:

And they let you wear an innapropriate shirt like that?

Chrono said:

What does that mean?

Shay10825 said:
What does that mean?

Nevermind shay...it's immature adult humor. You're not old enough yet. :rolleyes: ...I think.

Chrono said:

Sweet! Where did you get this shirt? Or did you make it? I want one! Ahh, the power of math used in a vulgar sense, and all these fools will have no clue what it means. Too bad I did not have one during high school, that would teach the punk administration :biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
Nevermind shay...it's immature adult humor. You're not old enough yet. :rolleyes: ...I think.
:biggrin: lol

Chrono said:

Thanks for making me do math to find the joke. :rolleyes:

mattmns said:
Sweet! Where did you get this shirt? Or did you make it? I want one! Ahh, the power of math used in a vulgar sense, and all these fools will have no clue what it means. Too bad I did not have one during high school, that would teach the punk administration :biggrin:

Most of them wouldn't get it.

I wonder what my high school calc teacher would ahve said...

For anyone that is wondering what it means your in luck. I have a brother who is very good at math so I had him figure it out :smile: the whole thing equals 69.

franznietzsche said:
Most of them wouldn't get it.

I wonder what my high school calc teacher would ahve said...

Yeah that's the point, most of those punks would not get it :smile:

I too was wondering what my high school calc teacher would have thought. Meh, I am majoring in math ed, so if I do get this shirt I will be interested to see what my profs think :smile:

Miles said:
For anyone that is wondering what it means your in luck. I have a brother who is very good at math so I had him figure it out :smile: the whole thing equals 69.

Yep, it is essentially 13^2 - 10^2 = 169 - 100 = 69

edit.. omg I was searching for this math shirt and I found this one. Almost brought a tear to my eye. It is a joke my high school calc teacher told us when he started teaching us integrals

HouseBoat

pff, wait a minute that is not the one. The one he said was log cabin + C = houseboat.

Last edited:
I have one that says
"Smart as a Horse and Hung like Einstein"

http://www.proudnerd.com/mathchickpp2.jpg

The Math Chick

Why don't they exist in real life?

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice that the ♥ on her tee is actually a cardioid, [itex]r=a(1-cos\theta) [/itex] ! Neato !

I was admiring the non-Euclidean geometry that MATH heartens!

Gokul43201 said:
Notice that the ♥ on her tee is actually a cardioid, [itex]r=a(1-cos\theta) [/itex] ! Neato !

I did notice that.

Loren Booda said:
I was admiring the non-Euclidean geometry that MATH heartens!

I was noticing that too.

As i said, why don't they exist in real life?

ok so what does [itex]r=a(1-cos\theta) [/itex] mean then? o:)

Smurf said:
ok so what does [itex]r=a(1-cos\theta) [/itex] mean then? o:)

Thats not a dirty joke. Thats the equation for the heart on her bosom in polar coordinates.

there is a graph on her shirt?

I saw a picture for this a little while ago. I think it's hilarious and guaranteed to get attention but it's also disturbing as hell... so I'll post it in white. Seriously, if you're eating or you get disturbed easily don't highlight the following...

... My other car is a vagina full of centipedes!

I warned you... :smile: :smile:

Oh god, I shouldn't post this...lol...BUT I MUST!

Miles said:

:smile: Miles you are sweet, everything you do is so endearing. :biggrin:

Polly said:
:smile: Miles you are sweet, everything you do is so endearing. :biggrin:

I try :blushing:

mattmns said:

I got it here. Have fun!

franznietzsche said:
And they let you wear an innapropriate shirt like that?

Yeah. Most of the people don't even know what it is. The ones that can figure it out just burst out laughing. Just like my Calculus professor did.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies

There's no point in me getting bumper stickers. No one gets close enough to my car to read them. I think it has something to do with the bazooka I have mounted on the roof of the car...

Back in the '70's, there were some bumper stickers floating around that read "I FOUND IT!" - the 'it' being religion... Well, I had a friend who had a bumper sticker that read "I FOUND IT! AND NOW MY FINGER STINKS! Her mother would not let he park her car in front of her house until she removed it! :smile: