What Are Your True Wishes for Christmas Gifts?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Christmas
In summary, the conversation focused on various desires and wants, including a new TV, set of measuring cups and spoons, a new blender and fiddle, a quiet day at home, a royal wedding, a forgotten thought, a polka dot bikini and holiday, a digital voice recorder pen, computer parts, and a desire for a proper job or higher education, as well as traveling to help those in need. Ultimately, the main wish expressed by the individuals in the conversation was for health and happiness for themselves and their loved ones.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
A new tv, and a new set of measuring cups and spoons with all of the odd sizes.

What do you want?

Physics news on Phys.org
be at home with no more than 1 worry :biggrin:

rootX said:
be at home with no more than 1 worry :biggrin:
I want that too, but I'd have a better chance of marrying Prince Wiliam.

Do not celebrate christmas.

In general, I would like to get back into to the blender and be a blenderite again.

A real fiddle.

Evo said:
a new set of measuring cups

Measuring cups? What the hell is that? A calibrated bra?

Conducting classes from Seiji Ozawa.

Just 1 full day of time to myself. Too bad I won't get it. : (

I want a quiet day at home with my wife and my dog. Unfortunately, my wife will be taking care of her mother with senile dementia, so Duke and I will spend the day alone without our loved one...

First choice

fakegold09.jpg

Second choice

mig-takeoff1-550.jpg

Third choice

Single_Handle_Frying_Pan.jpg

Tsu already gave me one of my presents - the first two seasons of The Big Bang Theory.

Socks, yes socks, i have a draw full of odd socks, one day i will see the sock gremlin and boot it up the a--. :frown:

Evo said:
I want that too, but I'd have a better chance of marrying Prince Wiliam.

You should get Kate's hairstyle :biggrin:

A while back I read this story:
Royal wedding: Kate Middleton fashion fever hits NY
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11959566

An email from my friend written by himself not 1 of those forwarded emails...:frown:

An R8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/doDJruP6xe4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/doDJruP6xe4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Yesterday when I was in my lab, I thought of something. Then I forgot what it was.

This morning I remembered it, now I forgot again.

:frown:

lisab said:
Yesterday when I was in my lab, I thought of something. Then I forgot what it was.

It was an itsy teeny polka dot bikini and the holiday to go with it

lisab said:

Hmm... Could it have been a better memory?

Ivan, that's a neat gadget. I saw one that looks like a remote entry for a vehicle that's also a video recorder, and for about the same price! I'll see if I can dig it up.

I'd like a new mobo, proc, memory, and grapics card for the case, pwr supp, fans, and hard drives I have lined up waiting to be brought back to life, muwhahaha, MuwHaHaHaHa, MUWAHAHAHAHA! (cough, cough...)

A proper job, or a place on a phd/masters program... so I'd never have to work as slave/donkey ever again! or at least as a clever slave/intellectual donkey...

I just would like to have an opportunity to get away from it all and travel to some poor region of the world and help out kids and people in need.

wolram said:
It was an itsy teeny polka dot bikini and the holiday to go with it

Aha! It was...pants that fit properly. No polka dots please, Santa.

All I want is health and happiness for myself, friends, and family. I'll probably end up getting gift cards instead though.

Related to What Are Your True Wishes for Christmas Gifts?

What is the meaning behind the song "All I Want for Christmas is You"?

The song "All I Want for Christmas is You" is a holiday classic that was written and performed by Mariah Carey. The lyrics speak to the joy and happiness of being with the one you love during the holiday season.

Who wrote the song "All I Want for Christmas is You"?

The song "All I Want for Christmas is You" was written by Mariah Carey and Walter Afanasieff. It was released in 1994 as part of Carey's fourth studio album, "Merry Christmas".

What inspired Mariah Carey to write "All I Want for Christmas is You"?

According to Carey, she was inspired to write the song while on a long summer vacation. She wanted to create a holiday song that would capture the joy and nostalgia of being with loved ones during Christmas.

What is the most popular version of "All I Want for Christmas is You"?

The original version of "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey is the most popular and well-known version of the song. It has been covered by many artists, but Carey's version remains a holiday favorite.

How has "All I Want for Christmas is You" impacted the music industry?

"All I Want for Christmas is You" has become a holiday staple and has remained popular for over two decades. It has been covered by numerous artists, and its success has solidified its place as one of the most iconic and beloved Christmas songs of all time.