What are the rules for the Re-VOTE Food Photo Contest?

In summary, Folks, I screwed up! I missed the 2nd page of the photo contest submission. So to be fair, we are going to do this all over again and all the previous votes do not count.

Food Photo Contest

• detta

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • hypnagogue

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • larkspur

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Burnsys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Integral

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Tsu

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Folks, I screwed up! I missed the 2nd page of the photo contest submission. So to be fair, we are going to do this all over again and all the previous votes do not count.

Again, apologies for the oversight.

A smaller number of entries than the previous contest, but still excellent pictures nevertheless. You have one vote.

detta
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4886/egg4ey.jpg

hypnagogue
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4539/pretzel3oy.jpg

ZapperZ
img16317sj.jpg

larkspur
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/701/blueberries20058mt.jpg

Burnsys
http://200.49.210.251/chasco/questfood.jpg

Integral
http://home.comcast.net/~Integral50/Cake2.JPG

0TheSwerve0
strawberrytop.jpg

Tsu
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4593/fridge1he.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm beginning to suspect that Swerve is a professional photographer. Composition, framing, lighting... it's all a little too perfect. Larkspur has a great shot as well, as was his previous entry. I still have to go with detta, though, for imagination as well as technical skill. And I'll never figure out how the hell he managed to get those little roses inside the egg without using trick photography. :confused:

Danger said:
I'm beginning to suspect that Swerve is a professional photographer. Composition, framing, lighting... it's all a little too perfect. Larkspur has a great shot as well, as was his previous entry. I still have to go with detta, though, for imagination as well as technical skill. And I'll never figure out how the hell he managed to get those little roses inside the egg without using trick photography. :confused:

Just too much time on my hands:biggrin: I was making a strawberry shake, and I thought the tops of the strawberryies were neat looking.

I had to go with larkspur, that was a great shot.

As tempting as the chocolate carousel is, it's just much better in person than in a photo. Then it was down to a choice between larkspur and TheSwerve. Blueberries or strawberries? I really like both photos, but I think I'm going to have to give my vote to TheSwerve, because I have no idea how she convinced the strawberry to stand up on its end so nicely. :biggrin: Plus, there's just something really neat about that angle and the white, shadowy background. (At least this time I could narrow down my choices a bit to vote...I didn't ever vote in the last contest because I truly couldn't decide on anything!)

I voted for hypnagogue

Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier. I would've submitted this: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8301/chocolate10ga.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This one was a tough call, honestly. At least in the last poll, Burnsys won by a land slide in my mind.

In this one however, hypnagogue picture was amazingly simple and clever! I loved it! The only reason I did not vote for it is because of that annoying chip on the plate. It looks like something from an Ikea ad. (And that should be a mustard packet!)

Burnsys, I thought your photo was rather disgusting this time. :smile:

Ahh, last but not least 0TheSwerve0. Your photo is magnificent! Perfect contrast, everything all around perfect! No complaints.

Last edited:
hey! don't attack ketchup... mustard is awful...ketchup is awsome

yomamma said:
hey! don't attack ketchup... mustard is awful...ketchup is awsome
On a pretzel?

ketchup is versitile...

no, seriously...I hate mustard...pretzels are fine plain...

Danger said:
And I'll never figure out how the hell he managed to get those little roses inside the egg without using trick photography. :confused:

So! I'm either stupid and not getting your sarcastic nature, or you're not realizing that it's the bowl... hah...

I go with the strawberry! 'Tis beautiful.

they are both good, and have different uses yomamma.

yomamma said:
ketchup is versitile...

no, seriously...I hate mustard...pretzels are fine plain...
Plain is fine for pretzels, ketchup isn't. :biggrin: I used to despise mustard when I was younger, but then, just like I one day discovered that squishy white bread my parents were feeding me wasn't what "real" bread tastes like, I also discovered the world of mustards scoffs at yellow mustard. Brown mustard, yummy, honey mustard, yummy, dijon mustard, yummy, yellow mustard...

I like yellow mustard, it has a sharp taste.

Should have been mustard? Bothered by the chip in the plate? That's like watching a film of a proper gentleman in tux and top hat walking into a seedy bar and saying it's nice, but he should have been at a debutante's ball instead. Hmm. :-p

Related to What are the rules for the Re-VOTE Food Photo Contest?

What is the purpose of the "Re-VOTE - Food Photo Contest"?

The purpose of the "Re-VOTE - Food Photo Contest" is to promote awareness about healthy and sustainable food choices through photography. Participants are encouraged to showcase their creative and inspiring photos of food that is both nutritious and good for the environment.

Who can participate in the "Re-VOTE - Food Photo Contest"?

The "Re-VOTE - Food Photo Contest" is open to anyone who is passionate about food and photography. Whether you are a professional photographer or an amateur, you are welcome to submit your photos. The contest is open to individuals of all ages and from all over the world.

What are the criteria for judging in the "Re-VOTE - Food Photo Contest"?

The photos will be judged based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, relevance to the theme, technical quality, and overall impact. The judges will also take into consideration the message and story conveyed by the photo.

Can I submit more than one photo to the "Re-VOTE - Food Photo Contest"?

Yes, participants are allowed to submit multiple photos. However, each participant can only win one prize. It is important to note that quality is more important than quantity, so make sure to choose your best photos to submit.

What are the prizes for the winners of the "Re-VOTE - Food Photo Contest"?

The top three winners of the "Re-VOTE - Food Photo Contest" will receive cash prizes and their winning photos will be featured on our website and social media platforms. In addition, all participants will receive a certificate of participation. The exact prizes and details will be announced on our website and social media pages.