What Are the Future Possibilities for Human Space Travel and Exploration?

• Thread starter William Donald
  • Start date
William Donald
Hey everybody!

My name is William, but I prefer to be called Will. I was born, raised, and currently live in the province of Saskatchewan, Canada. I joined this forum, because I have recently discovered I have a huge passion for the physical sciences. The passion is more directed towards astronomy and astrophysics; however, everything about how this universe works intrigues me very much!

I am currently going to University of obtain my Bachelor of Science with a major in Physics and a minor in Astronomy. From there I hope to move on to a Masters degree and a PhD.

When I'm not busy studying or working, I love to listen to music (Lady Gaga, Lights, Lana Del Rey, Fall Out Boy), hang out with friends and do fun activities (bowling, movies, ice skating, swimming), play sports (track & field, volleyball, badminton), and play on my laptop (YouTube, SpaceEngine, SimCity, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Zelda)

I have one super-huge future goal that I don't know how possible it is, but I will do everything in my power to make it work... and it's to be on the first human expedition to Mars. NASA recently released that they hope to have humans on the surface of the red-planet sometime within the 2030's. Even more exciting than this is that NASA hopes to use the Orion spacecraft sometime in the next 10 years to take humans beyond the distance to the moon; further than any human has ever been. I hope to at least be part of something alongside space travel.

Anyways, that's all I have to say. Can't wait to join in on the conversations here! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Welcome to PF Wil!