What are the fundamentals of thermodynamics and fluid flow in physics?

• Thread starter dkamarinchev
  • Start date
In summary, thermodynamics and fluid flow are fundamental concepts in physics that govern the behavior of energy and matter. Thermodynamics deals with the transfer of heat and work, and how they affect the properties of a system. Fluid flow, on the other hand, studies the movement of fluids and the forces that drive it. These two disciplines are essential in understanding various phenomena in nature, from the behavior of gases and liquids to the functioning of engines and turbines. The laws of thermodynamics and principles of fluid dynamics play a crucial role in many areas of science and technology, making them vital topics in physics education.
dkamarinchev
Hi there! My name is Dmitry. I'm not a physicist, but I most definitely aspire to move in that field. I am particularly interested in thermodynamics, in all of its manifestations, and in fluid flow. As I mentioned I am not a physicist and plan to do things properly starting from classical mechanics, going through electrodynamics, then quantum physics, etc. whenever I have time to spare.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF,

If you would like some help getting started at PF, feel free to send me a message. Just click on my name and start a conversation. I'll be glad to help. I'm thinking of help finding your way around or advice on how to follow the rules when posting.