What are the effects of plasma actuators on boundary layer control?

In summary, the individual has conducted experiments using a special type of mini-pate type plasma actuator for their research work. They have varied electrode positioning and found that the gap between the upper electrode and trailing edge affects the induced velocity. They are seeking research papers and suggestions on the topic of boundary layer control using plasma actuators, and recommendations include searching for papers in relevant journals and databases, attending conferences to present their work and network with other researchers, and utilizing online resources for literature reviews.
hootoompecha
I have made some experiment as a part of my research work with special type of mini-pate type plasma actuator. I have varied electrode positioning over the cord length like the attached figure.

By varying the gap between upper electrode and trailing edge, I got different induced velocity. I think fluid friction due to variation of gap, plays a role in variation of induced flow. I have searched lot or research paper, website but all are related to boundary layer flow, pipe flow etc but not related to my topics. anybody suggest me please?

Attachments

• plasma.JPG
    plasma.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 419
Physics news on Phys.org
It sounds like you are looking for research papers on plasma actuators and their effect on boundary layer control. A good place to start would be to search for papers published in journals such as the Journal of Fluid Mechanics, or search for papers on the IEEE Xplore website. You can also search for papers on the topic through other academic databases such as Google Scholar or PubMed. Additionally, there are some great resources available online that provide comprehensive reviews of the literature on plasma actuators and their use in boundary layer control. I would also suggest attending relevant conferences and presenting your work. This could potentially open up opportunities to discuss your research with experts in the field and get feedback on your work. Finally, it is also a good idea to network with other researchers in the field and make connections that can help you find the information you are looking for. Good luck!

Related to What are the effects of plasma actuators on boundary layer control?

1. How is frictional force calculated?

The formula for calculating frictional force is F = μN, where F is the frictional force, μ is the coefficient of friction, and N is the normal force.

2. What is the coefficient of friction?

The coefficient of friction is a dimensionless number that represents the amount of friction between two surfaces. It is dependent on the materials and surface conditions of the objects in contact.

3. What is the normal force?

The normal force is the force exerted by a surface on an object in contact with it. It is perpendicular to the surface and is equal in magnitude to the force of gravity acting on the object.

4. How does the weight of an object affect frictional force?

The weight of an object affects frictional force by increasing the normal force, which in turn increases the frictional force. This is because the weight of an object is directly proportional to the force of gravity acting on it.

5. What factors can affect the coefficient of friction?

The coefficient of friction can be affected by factors such as the type of material, surface roughness, temperature, and the presence of lubricants. It can also vary depending on the speed and pressure of the objects in contact.